Chapter 8: Something New

Holy crap.

Jaune was finally on sweet sweet land! He thought he would never see it again!

He quickly ran out of the bullhead and into the grand Emerald Forest.

He just wanted to bend down and kiss the ground! But he wasn't going to do that because that's weird.

"Are you going to stand there all day?" a voice asked behind him.

He turned around to see a girl with white hair and icy blue eyes, smiling.

"Maybe," Jaune smiled, "It depends if you'll stay here with me."

Weiss chuckled. "What if I decide to go?"

"Well, I guess I'll follow you like I always do," Jaune said before instantly regretting it. "Oh crap, that sounded really creepy."

"Well, I definitely heard more inappropriate things from you," Weiss shrugged.

"Yeah, that's true," Jaune scratched the back of his neck nervously.

"Attention, students!" Miss Goodwitch called out, "You are tasked with bringing in a single jar of tree sap for Professor Peach's research!"

'Huh, that's weird' Jaune thought to himself. He never even knew there was a professor Peach in Beacon. That sounded like a minor character in some sort of web series that would generate a huge fanbase. Huh, why did Jaune think of that analogy?

"Well, Jaune. Would you perhaps want to accompany me for this task?" Weiss asked with her hands behind her back.

"Uh, sure-" Before Jaune could finish his sentence he was dragged by the Schnee Heiress further into the forest, leaving a disappointed red-haired spartan warrior.

"Dang," Nora said excitedly to Ren, "Jaune is intermingling with other teams!"

"Nora, inside voices please."

"Why would I use an inside voice when I am outside!"

Ren sighed knowing that conversing about this would lead to a lot of circular reasoning.

JNPR (minus the J) weren't the only ones reacting to Weiss and Jaune's little moment.

"Why would Weiss leave my sister!" Yang asked, irritated.

"Yang! It's fine," Ruby said, trying to calm the dragon down, "Weiss asked me if she could hang out with Jaune."

"I guess," Yang said, still irritated but for different reasons. Reasons that may or may not include a certain blond-haired alchemist.

"Maybe Weiss wants some privacy with him," Blake suggested, showing little attention for the heiress or knight.

"Wow, look at them go," Marcy whistled with forced enthusiasm, trying to hide her jealousy.

"I didn't expect Weiss to be so forward with a boy. Especially Jaune," Emerald remarked as she began collecting some sap from nearby trees, trying to ignore the fact that Jaune and Weiss are most likely having their little "moment".

Neo shared her teammates' concerns and looked quite irked by the couple going deep into a forest alone. Where no one could see them or see what they will be doing with each other. Neo tried to shake off these thoughts.

Cinder, on the other hand, was watching something else. She watched a certain team, led by an overgrown ginger brat, snickering to themselves as they sneaked away from everyone else. Team CRDL then started traveling in the general direction of Jaune and Weiss.

Cinder knew they were up to no good.

/~/

"So, Weiss mind telling me why we're far away from everyone?" Jaune asked.