Ch. 3

A year after

"Can you believe it Kong we are finally University students!" Em looked around wide-eyed.

"Contain your enthusiasm" Kong smiled amused at his friend. He was looking around like a child in an amusement park unable to decide what to do first.

"We should skip cheer practice. I heard the Hazers are mean" Em made a scared face.

Kong smiled, unlike any other freshman, cheer practice is the one thing Kong was looking forward to the most. After weeks of searching and almost a year of waiting Kong will finally have the chance to prove that 'he' is real, that street side guy does exist.

"So are we going to?" Em waved his hand in front of Kong's face to get his attention.

"I think we should at least check it out. We are only freshman once, let's get the full experience" Kong answered as he inwardly smiled at his hidden agenda.

...

The room was loud as freshmen were running around getting name tags and greeting each other and their seniors. There were constant chatter and laughter as people were meeting and getting acquainted. The second years asked them to sit in lines as they assemble them for the impending hazing. The once lively room fell completely silent as the huge gym doors banged open.

Over 100 pairs of eyes watch and heads follow as the Hazers entered the room. The 5 main hazers lined up at the front of the stage.

"My name is Knott, I am your senior and head hazer. From now on I will be responsible for you" The one at the most frontal position spoke.

Kong heard him talking but his eyes was locked to the person two places back from Knot. It was him, it was the mystery boy. Kong zoned out as he was lost in sight of him. He was more beautiful than he was that night. His skin was, whiter, lips were redder, hair was blacker, features were softer. Kong's chest swelled with longing and pride. He is real, he exist and he is standing in this very room where every one can see him.

"You see him don't you?" Kong leaned over to whisper to Em.

"See who?" Em asked.

"Second guy on the left" Kong directed not taking his eyes off the guy in fear that he would disappear again.

"You! Stand up and tell me your name and code!" Kong was startled as Knott pointed to him.

"Kongpob, student code 0062" Kong answered

"Did you have something you wanted to share with us?" Knot asked

"No"

"So what could be so important that it couldn't wait?"

"Nothing" Kong answered quickly

"Really, so would you rather do 100 push-ups than tell us what you were discussing?" 

"Ok" Kong wasn't backing down

Knott was irritated, "I changed my mind, how about the freshmen do 200 squats for your disruption?"

"If you want to know so much what we were talking about..." Kong locked eyes with Arthit, "I wanted to know his name." Kong tilt his head slightly towards Arthit. 

There were woooos and whistles from the freshman at Kong's statement, they obviously saw why Kong would want to know the senior's name

Knott's protective instinct kicked in and he lost his composure his stomped towards Kong and grabbed his collar. "That's it freshman give me hundred squats!"

The freshmen gasp in bewilderment as Knott fell to the ground. 

...

Arthit POV