Oh, Good Doctor.||SCP-049

SCP-049 x Researcher! Reader
[Just gotta start off with our great plague doctor mate, SCP-049.] [I'm a pleb in the fandom, but okay]
[Prolly part 1, but idk]

"Dr. ████, we're sending you to a new Site for you to research another SCP, more specifically Site █, and SCP-049." A researcher told you, as you exited SCP-035's facility after conducting a research to it.

"Wait, what, why?" You gave him a confused look. The researcher simply chuckled at your confusion, but he returned back to his stoic behaviour.

"The previous researcher of SCP-049 had been "cured" of the disease." He explained to you, as he gave you a file of the mentioned SCP.

"Anyway, please thoroughly read the file, and after that, prepare your belongings to move to Site █. You'll be shortly escorted by security." The researcher quickly took his leave, as you stared at the file given to you.

You sighed, as you hurriedly went to the place you're staying. Of course, you're going to pack your things first before reading the SCP's file. Honestly, you're baffled to know you're going to be moved to SCP-049. You don't know what that SCP is, but all you know is that you've handled Keter SCPs in your whole duration in this damned foundation. Some would say you have the highest privilege, since you've been handling Keters, but then again, you're just another researcher, you wish to be a Senior Researcher someday. Well, technically you can ask to be promoted as one... You're too shy to ask for a promotion though, you'll just have to wait for the day they'll eventually promote you.

After packing your belongings, you hear a knock on your door, and you immediately know it's the guards. So, you promptly opened the door so you could get escorted by them.

"Sooo, what's it like on Site █?" You triggered a conversation to the guards, but they simply ignored you. Sheesh, everyone is too formal in this foundation.

You sighed, but you just took out SCP-049's file and read it. Although, you'll just read it again if you're going to interview the SCP.

You rose an eyebrow, since SCP-049 is a Euclid, but at least you don't need to worry for a Keter. The SCP is a plague doctor from the medieval ages, and that's cool. The SCP can speak medieval French, and English. And, the SCP WILL cure anyone who contracted "The Great Pestilence", so it's basically the bubonic plague, but has a more fancier name. Great.

Anyway, you're finally in your designated area, and you immediately unpacked your stuff. The guards still has to escort you to the interview room, you're not going to complain, after all you had to endure the time with SCP-035. That Possessive Mask isn't the slickest with his words to you...

So, you finally arrived at the interview room, and there you can spot SCP-049 whose hands are chained to prevent him from touching you with his lethal touch. SCP-049 stared at you, and it seems like he's agitated. You certainly did mean for him to get scared, but maybe because he isn't used to your presence.

"Dr. ████, please conduct the interview." The same researcher, who told you to move out, started.

You sat down on the chair, and you stared at SCP-049's features. Well, he looks better up close, but you're just getting distracted.

"Ehem... Anyway, greetings SCP-049 I am Dr. ████. I will be starting an interview with you, since it's been said you had "cured" the researcher who was assigned under your wing. Please cooperate with me for this interview, it is most certainly needed." You started off, as you looked back on SCP-049's file.

"Of course, good doctor. I am interested, since you're another like-minded individual." SCP-049 spoke out, and his voice is metallic, yet it is soothing. His voice can bring anyone to a false sense of trust.

You shook off his statement of him being interested to you "Okay...? Anyway, why did you "cure" Dr. ████████. Did you have a motive to intentionally "cure" him?" You calmly asked the plague doctor as he stopped feeling agitated.

"Dr. ████████ had The Great Pestilence, good doctor. I never had the motive to cure him, but he has the disease. And my cure is most effective." SCP-049 answered you with a hint of pride. It's always The Great Pestilence, can he just say bubonic plague?

"What exactly is your method of curing him?" You decided to ask that question, surely, you'll regret it.

...And so you did regret it. SCP-049 gave you a sickening detailed explanation on his method, it includes so much gore. You're feeling quite queasy, but you ignored that feeling. This interview must be finished! Then after that, you can throw up all you want!

All you can do is give SCP-049 a fake intrigued expression, so he has more courage to cooperate with you.

"Say good doctor, what is your speciality in science?" SCP-049 caught you off guard, since he did ask a question. He's supposed to answer your question, but okay.

"My speciality? Well, it is forensic pathology. Why ask?"

"I see... You're also interested in corpses too. No worries, you'd get to examine everyone in this foundation."

Well, you do examine a corpses' reason of death, but SCP-049 really gave you the chills. He's implying that everyone in the foundation will be dead, and you'd have the joy to examine each and every corpse, but wouldn't he also turn them into SCP-049-J?
"No thanks..." You politely declined him, as you ran out of questions to ask the plague doctor.

You closed your eyes for a moment, so you could formulate a new question for SCP-049. Of course, they'd expect you to bring your own questionnaire, but who could even have time for that? When you can have more fun on creating your own questions on the spot!

"Everyone here has The Great Pestilence, good doctor. Except for you, of course." SCP-049 broke off the silence, and he also broke off your trance.

The Great Pestilence... How could he even sense it? Now you have a question to ask him.

"SCP-049, could you explain to me how you could sense this pestilence?" You asked him, since you're honestly sure he's just a delusion. Everyone in the foundation seems to be healthy, no signs of the pestilence, well you think.

"I assure you good doctor, everyone most certainly has it. It is my duty to cure anyone who has fallen ill of The Great Pestilence." SCP-049 eagerly answered you, but he wouldn't tell you how he can sense the pestilence.

"I see... Isn't The Great Pestilence just the bubonic plague?" You mentioned it, so he could probably stop saying The Great Pestilence, and instead call it by the disease's common name.

"Bubonic plague...? What is that, good doctor?" SCP-049 gave you a puzzled look, and you also gave him a puzzled look too. How could the PLAGUE doctor not even know the bubonic plague? He's a plague doctor for pete's sakes!

"Nevermind actually..." You decided to not answer his question, since it isn't worth your time to explain it to him.

"Time is up, Dr. ████. Please leave the interview room."

...Well, you never had time anyway.

"Thank you for your cooperation SCP-049. I certainly hope to see you more often." You fixed the papers that you were holding, and you promptly stood up from your seat.

SCP-049 was about to reach for you, but then he remembers that his touch is lethal and he's prohibited to have any physical contact with you, and he also has a chain bounded to him.

"I hope so too, good doctor." SCP-049 muttered out, as he stared at your retreating form. SCP-049 also needs to leave too, for him to go back to his own facility. He's also got something to jot on his journals.

Then SCP-049 grew fond of you after that very first interview. Perhaps, he'd also grown an obsession to you. The mysterious plague doctor would rather keep his emotions to himself, anyway.