06│Poor Unfortunate Soul!

Jivika~

"Jivika!"

"Jivika listen!"

"JIVIKA!"

Licking the last bit of the Dark Fantasy Choco Fill in my hand, I diverted my attention to the boys assembled in front of me. The crowd was impatient. That's the first signal which showed how important their mission was.

"Yes, how may I help you?" I asked pointedly, showing my displeasure on how they interfered, me and my Dark Fantasy's quality time. After all, despite bringing that bit of sweet pleasure everyday to school, there were very few moments when I had the honor of eating it all alone.

Maahi, who was occupying Kiara's seat beside me since the latter was busy during the lunch-break snickered, having an idea about my train of thoughts. I looked at the crowd expectantly. On receiving no answer, I asked, "What's the matter?". Of course, someone had to give them the invitation of speaking up. Otherwise they would've stayed there till the sun set, absolutely mute.

"Next period is SUPW."

"So?" I couldn't help but ask. The time-table was memorized by me, forcefully. I had written that darned piece of paper around five times, and it was only two days since the new session started.

"We were thinking about requesting ma'am for a games period!"

This was an idea I approved of. I nodded to prove the same. The person who said that Indians nod their heads too much, was probably right.

"That's the problem. Uh ... can you go and ask?"

Why should I ask?

Suspicious, I curtly asked, "Why me?". Popping few chips into my mouth, I grimaced at the taste. Clearly, there was something wrong. And the Chemistry question put up on the board by Suganthi ma'am in fourth period was fueling all my conspiracy theories.

Q. Meera purchased a packet of chips from the market. On eating, she discovered that the chips tasted different. Hence, she alerted the shopkeeper about it. On the basis of the information given, answer the questions given below.

i) What phenomenon is likely to take place here? Define it.

ii) Suggest prevention measures.

iii) What values did Meera show?

Wondering if my chips went stale cause of rancidity, I was brought out of my dreamworld by the snap of two fingers. The speaker showed hesitance on his face, trying to come up with a good excuse of why I  should be the one to get beheaded by our teachers.

"Uh ... you are the class monitor. Every teacher's favorite!"

"So ask the boys monitor to go. Who's the boys monitor?"

 "I am."

Now, now, now. Don't get me wrong. I know I'm supposed to know who was my fellow monitor was. But the one among boys was changed so many times, that too just during the first two days—that I stopped bothering to keep count of the changes.

Turning to the herd of males, I spoke up, "Then you should've asked Amaan to go and re—"

He cut through my sentence, making me furious. Basic human decency. Do not cut people while they are speaking.