Friends (Last Chapter)

⚠ Death ⚠
⚠ Mentions of R*pe ⚠

Fem!Reader x Arthur

It had been three weeks since Arthur had taken (Y/n) home with him.

The house felt less empty with her there and his mother dead.

His life felt almost normal.

All he was missing was the dog and maybe one or two kids.

He sat downstairs smoking a cigarette as he tried to determine what he was going to do with his inheritance.

If he had known he'd be rewarded 10 million dollars upon the death of his mother, he would have suffocated the bitch sooner.

But hey, at least she's dead now.

Most of the money was going to stay in a savings account, while he used small portions of it to pay bills and purchase other necessities.

But for the first time in his pathetic life, he could afford an actual house and pay off all the bills that had piled up due to him being the only breadwinner in the house.

Correction.

Apartment.

Being able to afford things without worrying how much you're spending was a liberating feeling when you've been poor all your life.

10 MILLION DOLLARS.

WOW!

Soft footsteps made him look up. "Good morning." He smiled up at the teary eyed woman before frowning. "(Y/n), what's wrong?"

"I thought you left."

"No." He pulled her into his arms after putting out his cigarette. "I just came down here to smoke."

He kissed her neck as she curled up around him, hugging him tight like a teddy bear.

"You know I don't like waking up alone." She sniffed, pressing herself firmly against him.

"I know, doll. I'm sorry."

(Y/n) had been increasingly needy lately.

He didn't mind it, but it did make him a little concerned when she had meltdowns when he tried to leave.

He kissed her neck softly as he rocked her. "How'd you sleep?"

"I keep having the same nightmare."

Arthur sighed. "Same scene?"

She nodded.

"Where Randall and Ma-" she fell silent as new tears started to stream down her cheeks.

"Shhhh." Arthur showered her face with soft kisses. "You don't have to talk about it."

"..." She sniffed. "O-Ok."

"..."

"..."

"Go get dressed." He whispered, softly playing with the hem of her nightgown before lifting his hands so that she could move.

"Why?"

"I'm taking you on a mini field trip."

She exhaled softly. "Okay."

He watched her retreat to her room before coming back in a burgundy sweater and some loose denim.

A small smile tugged at his lips as he looked her up and down.

"Ready?"

"Yeah."

He got up and put on his jacket. "Alright. Let's go."