Flu Season (I)

Fem!Reader x Arthur

(Y/n) came in to work bundled up in old raggedy jackets.

Gotham's snowy air had managed to find all of the holes in her clothes, dropping her temperature faster than those who had to wait outside for the bus.

"Where did this weather come from?" She grumbled to herself before speaking to everyone. "Good morning everyone..."

"Hey girly!" Randall grinned, looking away from his mirror as (Y/n) raised a shaky hand to clock in. "What's got you all bundled up?"

"It's snowing, dumbass." Gary shook his head as he continued to read his magazine.

"Shut up."

(Y/n) laughed at the duo. These two and Arthur were the only ones in today. "Whatcha reading, Gars?"
(pronounced gears)

"Uh- how antioxidants can be studied in certain plants." He pursed his lips. "Something about spectrophotometry and high-pressure liquid chromatography..."

"Fucking nerd." Randall snorted, earning a middle finger from the short man.

"Oh, so are they focusing on any antioxidants in particular?" (Y/n) perked up as she unlocked her locker.

"Eh. They started with-"

"NERD!"

"Will you shut the hell up!" Gary snapped.

"You're boring her."

"Actually Randall, I'm far from bored.
She rolled her eyes. "Plant science is something I find super interesting, ya know."

"Then you should totally keep this magazine when I'm done reading." Gary smiled before sipping on his cup of coffee.

"Aww! Really? Thanks!"

"Mmhmm."

(Y/n) tensed up as she fell into a bad coughing fit.

After blowing her nose and hacking up some phlegm she washed her hands and exhaled a drained sigh of relief.

"Bless you." Arthur glanced up at her in his mirror before refocusing on his clown makeup.

(Y/n) smiled at him. "I didn't sneeze...but...thank you Arthur."

He gave her a curt nod before continuing.

He didn't usually say much when she was around. 

(Y/n) coughed again as she started taking off her layers. "Ugh." She sniffed, with the hopes of not having to blow her nose. "This weather is killing me."

"Yeah? Well, you don't look so hot." Randall chuckled as he looked her over.

Gary chucked a cough drop at her and she gladly accepted it, peeling off the wrapper and popping it in her mouth.

"Well, I feel like shit." (Y/n) pursed her lips before making herself a cup of coffee.

"You gonna go to the doctor?" Gary looked up at the (h/c) woman as she started digging in her locker for her uniform.

"Meh." She shrugged as she pulled out a polka dot shirt and a striped cardigan. "Dunno if it's bad enough."

"Sounds pretty bad." Gary frowned.

"But it's not hoooorrrrrible..." She said playfully. "Besides, I can't afford to go right now."

"Why not?" Randall asked as he painted on his eyebrows.

"I'm still trying to pay off my mom's medical bills."

"Still?"

"Randall, not everyone gets paid as much as you." (Y/n) said teasingly.