Family (II)

Request- @KimAckermann
Preg!Fem!Reader x Arthur

The bed shifted as someone quickly got out of bed and slammed open the bathroom door.

Arthur jolted awake, emerald eyes going from panicked to concerned as the sound of hurling and splashing toilet water echoed throughout the dark room, the night light in the bathroom revealing to him the hunched over figure on the floor.

"Love?"

An exhausted groan was all he got as his response.

With a sigh, he threw back the duvet before heading to the bathroom, squinting his eyes as he tried to see where he was walking.

"I'm turning on the light, ok?"

"Mmm."

He turned on the light before frowning at his wife, her head resting on the side of the toilet.

(Y/n)'s hair was messy and her skin was pale and clammy.

"Are you feeling feverish?" He whispered as he pressed the back of his hand against her forehead.

"No." She sighed. "I just keep throwing up."

"You keep throwing up?" He shot her a quizzical look. "When did you start?"

"Earlier last week."

He furrowed his brows. "Did you go to the doctor?"

"No." She groaned.

"Why not?"

"I'm pregnant."

"You're-" Arthur's eyes brightened instantly. The man looked like he had just been told he won the lottery. His eyes got watery. "R-Really?"

"Does this vomit look fake to you?"

"I'm sorry love." He laughed at her irritated expression. Arthur knew she meant no harm, she was naturally grouchy when sick. "I'm just- extremely excited."

"I know."

He grabbed a clean rag from under the sink and dampened it before cleaning her face.

(Y/n) leaned against the tub with closed eyes, the exhaustion clear as day.

Arthur got up and grabbed a pillow and two towels before making a makeshift bed in their bathtub.

He gently picked the sleepy (h/c ex.brun) up and curled up around her in the tub.

A small smile tugged at her soft lips as she pressed her face into his bare chest. "This reminds me of when I was pregnant with Artie." She whispered.

Arthur chuckled at the memory. "You were such a grouchy lump."

"She didn't like anything I ate." (Y/n) pouted. "It was always (least favorite food), white chocolate, and pizza."

Arthur rubbed the back of her neck in a soothing manner. "Well, maybe this baby will like different foods."

"Fingers crossed."

He laughed softly before falling into his thoughts. "Love?"

"Hm?"

"Why didn't you tell me you were pregnant sooner?"

"Uh-" she hesitated. "To be quite honest, I thought you knew I was."

"..."

"I mean. We both know how easy it is to knock me up."

Arthur rolled his eyes. "(Y/n)."