Art

ArthurxFem!Reader

Music echoed throughout (Y/n)'s apartment as she worked on a giant painting. She was an aspiring artist that managed to do hyperrealism when bored and stick figures when she was dead serious.

Okay. That's an exaggeration, but that's how it felt for her. She could never do anything right when she really needed to, so she usually waited last minute or did art on the whim to get her pieces done.

She had done massive paintings for people like Thomas Wayne and various corporations, but she never really made it big.

No one in Gotham got exposed to her real art because they couldn't afford it or or didn't have time to go check it out in exhibits.

So, to make money she drew caricatures on the side of the street and sold them for $5-$10.

On a good week should could make $700, but she typically made under $400 a week.

Wayne gave her a chance but she was pretty sure it was just a last minute gift for his wife.

He had seen some of her doodles while she was drawing a caricature of his son one day and requested a family portrait for their dining room. He even offered to cut a pretty check for the painting itself and the time and materials required to make it.

(Y/n) had managed to knock it out in two weeks, without any food and minimal sleep.

$50,000.

50K was just enough to pay off her college debt, get her other bills paid that she was behind on, and to get proper groceries and house necessities for the first time in her low income life.

No one in her family had ever had that much money at one time.

They were always living paycheck to paycheck, sacrificing everything to stay alive. 

Now, all she had left was $2000 and she was saving it for a hard time.

She had hopped that Wayne would ask for more paintings, but he never contacted her again after that.

At least his wife loved it.

Now it was months later and (Y/n) figured her next piece would need to make one hell of a statement if she really wanted to be an artist.

Her only dilemma was that the clown she was trying paint wasn't doing it for her.

Yes.

(Y/n) (L/n) was desperately trying to ride on the riots going on in Gotham to get herself famous.

Disgusting.

Sure.

But somebody needed to pay the bills.

$2,000 would only hold you for roughly three months in Gotham, considering how inflation skyrocketed the price for everything these days.

A soft knock sounded from the front and (Y/n) got up to open the door after turning down her music.

A familar man stood before her. "Oh- Hey Arthur." She offered a small smile.

"Hey." He looked over her shoulder before looking down at his feet.

"What brings you?"

"Uh- well...Mom is trying to sleep and your music is really loud."

"Oh! Shit!" She covered her mouth and grimaced. "Sorry. I'm really sorry." She glanced at the time and smacked her forehead. "Please relay how sorry I am to her."

He smiled. "It's ok."

"Ugh. I can't believe it's three in the morning already."

"Lost track of time?"