Killer Truths: Chapter Twenty - Six ~ Grade-A Psychopath

Start from the beginning

Once again, all eyes were on Ginny and she sighed. She just wanted these few days to be over so that she could bury herself in her nice, comfy bed with Draco. With that thought, she snuggled deeper into his arms and he held her tighter. These last few days were a trying time for their relationship but they’d been through worse. Everything would be okay, she just had to prove to him that she was alright. She’d show him alright; Ginny smiled slightly.

“Er – Ginny… what’s so funny about a crazy woman wanting you dead?” Neville asked.

“Huh – what?” Ginny’s mind cleared and she focused on everyone, remembering she had been asked a question. She pushed back her daydreams, leaving little notes to use later on when her and Draco could have some alone time.

“Crazy woman wanting you dead…?” Draco reminded her.

“Oh! I know that look!” Pansy snorted. “A crazy, deadly woman and innocent Ginny bloody Weasley is thinking about fu –” Pansy was saying until Colm covered her mouth. She glared at him playfully.

“Thank you,” Ginny chuckled. “And I’m sorry for being distracted, Pansy Parkinson. Sue me.” She rolled her eyes.

“Ew, that’s gross, guys. Please, remember your daughter is in the room.” Amélie frowned.

“I could never forget,” Draco smiled at Amélie with pure adoration and love in his eyes.

Amélie smiled back.

“Okay, okay, Ginny, stay focused,” Jeff interrupted the group before they completely got off topic. “Why does Chang want you dead?” He repeated Amélie’s question.

“Oh, I didn’t tell you?” Ginny frowned.

“No, you didn’t.” Amélie frowned back. “Tell us why.”

“Well, some seventeen odd years ago, I’d been given an assignment. It had been discovered that there was a witch –” Ginny was saying when Neville interrupted her.

“Is this about killing someone?” He asked curiously.

“Obviously,” Pansy answered with an eye roll. “They are all hit – witches and wizards, Neville… wait, half of the people in this room are killers!” She jumped up and looked around with mock suspicion.

“Pansy, sit down,” Amélie sighed loudly.

“Oh no! The little weasel is going to kill me!” She made a rush to the door.

“Don’t call my daughter a weasel.” Draco hissed.

“You called me a weasel a time or two, Draco Malfoy.” Ginny broke out in laughter.

“Yeah, well, that was a long time ago.” He mumbled.

“Right,” Ginny chuckled, “anyway, come off it, Pansy. If Amélie or any of us wanted to kill you, you’d be dead already.”

“Yes, well, that’s comforting.” She answered sarcastically as she sat down again.

“Can we continue with the story?” George asked with interest.

“Certainly,” Ginny took a deep breath but Kingsley jumped in.

“Let me explain something quickly before you start again, Ginny. Look, for those of you who aren’t employed by the Organization, our employees are not emotionless killers. They don’t kill people for the fun of it. Ever death has a reason, a very evil and horrid reason. Murder, theft, conspiracy; it is all done for the greater good.

“Killing people is never good, you may say.” Kingsley continued, “There are times when you have no other choice. No other choice because Azkaban will not hold them or it is simply not evil enough to imprison specific people. When that happens, the Organization is called up and the employees take care of the situation. Take Cho Change. Take Lucius Malfoy. He has escaped Azkaban twice. He will not be taken back for a third time.” He explained.