Beta and Other Things

Yes I saved Martinez. I love him. I doubt I'll keep him around forever but I just felt like never seeing him again wasn't a good end to his character for my book.

So look. I still don't know if I will end my book by killing Kat off or not. Mostly because the show is still going and I can still see her in it. And I definitely want her around for Negan and for the time jump. But I think my point to her character is creating someone who is nearly perfect for that world. Like she believes that Daryl or Rick or Carol or Glenn or even Jesus will be there at the end. Like if anyone can survive they can but slowly the people on her "safe" list start to decline and she'd realise that no one is really safe but what she doesn't realise is that she could very well be there at the end as well. Like since the beginning she adapted well and although she goes through losses she never thought she'd be able to pull out of she does. And Daryl is one of the few people who can see this. Like Sasha being worried she would do something rash a couple chapters back but Daryl was adamant that she'd be fine. And I want Negan to see that as well. Like even Rick feels like he has to watch her sometimes.

So with that being said if she does ever die I don't want it to be by walkers. And if it is it won't be from being over run or anything it would be more like a suicide sacrificial thing maybe after she realises that she could be the last man standing and she doesn't want that.

So Beta. I love Beta, anyone else? Like I'll be fine if he dies unlike Negan who I want around always but I just find him really interesting and I want to know more. Now I spoke about making Jesus someone who Kat knew before the outbreak. That's still a possibility but now I'm wondering if I should make it Beta instead? I can't do it with both because they've come so far from geogia and it would be a bit much you know? So I was thinking (big maybe here it only just came to me and I'll have to think on it but I want some opinions as well) that maybe Beta is Mike Kats ex she mentioned a few times.

I won't make it sappy or anything it would be more like a slow reveal that he was an asshole to her back when she was in college and very controlling etc. until eventually she just left when she graduated and never went back. But she never would have told her dad or Beth but Maggie had met Mike and didn't like him so maybe the truth of it is only revealed after Hershel and Beths deaths because she finally felt it was safe to talk about it. So when Beta comes into she would be out with Daryl, Connie and Lydia and he would freeze a bit when he saw her and she would be confused but he never removed the mask so she didn't recognise him especially because she wouldn't be expecting it. But then later on he'll do something that kinda makes her go "what the fuck" and then he'll take off the mask and she'll realise. She'd be a little scared at first and everyone else would be confused but then she'd quickly snap out of it and just be angry.

Is it too much? I don't know. I wrote this super cool Beta scene in advance that may not even work with the show once I see what they do with it but I love it and with this back story it would make it extra cool. But yeah. I don't know if it's just too much and I should just stick with her knowing Jesus or what. But she definitely won't know both of them before hand.

If his name is ever revealed I might change it I don't know and there's clearly something wrong with his face that we don't really know about yet so when that's revealed depending on what it is or how it happened maybe Kat was responsible? Who knows. Big maybe's just throwing it out there to gage a reaction.

I've also decided I won't be technically doing a sequel to this. If I need to create another book when I reach the chapter limit I will, but it'll just be called Part 2.