Chapter Sixty-two - A Day of Flights

~IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE  - Voting for the next story is coming to a close soon! Voting options are in the Author's Note at the end!~

        You had woken with the worst headache you'd ever experienced the following morning. It wasn't that you had drank all that much, but apparently your body felt that it was and blessed you with a hangover. With a quiet groan, you pulled yourself out of bed to shower, hoping that the steam from the hot water would have some kind of relieving effect. It helped but not as much as you would have liked it to. After getting dressed, you laid back down on your bed while Samantha and Charlotte trudged through their morning routines, obviously showing the same symptom signs as you.

With fifteen minutes left, you packed up what few items you had left out before heading down to the lobby with your belongings and friends. Alfred and Jett stood by the doors, waiting for everyone to gather so the farewell process could continue. Much to your surprise, Jett seemed completely fine. Just how much of an alcohol tolerance did he have? You know he drank the most out of everyone, but he looked like he could swim a marathon. He had so much energy, and you couldn't help but wonder how.

"Sleep well, Sheilas?" he asked, shifting Wallace from his back to his chest.

He was met with multiple grumbles, causing him to chuckle.

"Well, despite your hangovers, I hope you all had a pleasant time here in the Land Down Under. Maybe it's even warranted a second visit in your future?"

"I'll definitely be back," you said, smiling at him.

"And you know where to find me when you do." He shot you a wink and grinned at your friends. "Alright. I best not keep you all too much longer. You've got a plane to catch, but before you go, feel free to pet Wallace."

Everyone lined up to pet the marsupial and hug Jett before boarding the bus outside the hotel's lobby. You gave the koala an affection head pat and gently scratched under his chin. For once, Wallace seemed content. Jett grinned from ear to ear, then pulled you into a one armed hug.

"Good luck on your flight, (y/n). It's a long one. On behalf of me and Wallace here, we've prepared a bag of Australian goodies for you and your friends to share. I figured you'd get sick of airplane food eventually."

"Thank you, Jett! And thank you too, Wallace." You pet the koala again and gingerly took the bag from Jett. "I'll see you around!"

"Catch you later!"

Jett waved you off and watched as the bus pulled away. You sighed and sank down in your seat, thinking back to what he mentioned about the flight.

"Hey, Alfred?"

"Yeah, dudette?"

"Just how long is this flight going to be?"

"Well..."

"Alfred?"

"Twenty jours plus a two hour layover, so nearly an entire day's worth of travel."

"Holy shit!"

"I know, right? It's nuts!"

"At least we can try to catch up on sleep," Lily argued.

"That's true. I guess it's not all bad."

"Way to look on the positive side ladies!"

"Oh! Before I forget, Jett made up a snack bag for us!"

"There better not be vegemite in there! That stuff is nasty!" Alfred complained, making a face of disgust to accompany his claim.