Chapter Twenty-four - Twin Churches

Waking up at the same time as yesterday was not at all fun by any standards. Having to wake up a half hour earlier for breakfast at six-thirty was even worse. Alfred and the brothers came around within that hour before breakfast to inform the group that you all needed to have your luggage packed and with you on the bus, informing you that you'd be leaving after an early dinner for Florence since you'll have covered all the major parts of Rome earlier in the day. You were the one to open the door despite still being in a towel. Lovino was the one standing there, blushing as he stole a quick glance at your form.

        He told you what he had to before scurrying away. You couldn't help but giggle to yourself as you closed the door and went to get dressed. You had to shake Darcy awake afterward since she was still fast asleep, which earned you a playful swat to your arm and a discontent whine from her. She eventually got up with twenty minutes to spare. You packed your things away and prepared your day bag. Charlotte was  packed already but was still trying to finish her drawing as quickly as she could without making the image look sloppy. You helped Darcy out while she was showering, packing away what she didn't need and putting what she always carried with her in her day bag. She finished packing away her bathroom items and toiletries after she came back into the sleeping quarters of the room.

        After you had everything ready, the three of you heading to the breakfast room with all your belongings, ready to leave as soon as you were finished with your meals. Alfred had finished eating rather quickly and stood up from his chair to gain everybody's attention.

        "We've got a bit of a relaxed start to the morning for a change!" he announced. "We'll be starting off in the Piazza del Popolo since not much is open this early in the morning. The agency you guys went through originally had a bike tour around the area planned, but given that it isn't even seven o'clock yet, I've vetoed the idea in favor of letting you guys walk around on your own to experience the streets of Rome. Plus there's a pretty sweet terrace you can climb up to that has a beautiful view of the plaza. I really recommend going up there, but if you do just watch your footing. It gets a little steep in some places. Anyway, we'll be heading to the Colosseum and the Forum. We'll tour the Colosseum first then you'll have two hours of free time for lunch and to peruse the shops nearby and get some pictures. Afterward we'll tour the Forum. We'll then go to the Castel Sant'Angelo for pictures on the bridge above the Tiber River. We then have dinner in a nearby restaurant. Next on our list is a four hour bus ride to Florence. We'll have about an hour of free time. I want to have a meeting before we go to bed though just to check in with you guys. Sound good?"

        "Yeah," your group said in unison.

        You finished breakfast not too long after getting your plans and headed out to the bus, loading your suitcases in the back. You sat towards the middle of the bus with Charlotte, who began to put the finishing touches on her drawing from earlier. You smiled happily and complimented her on her talent. She smiled and thanked you, returning to her picture. You stared out the window as the countryside surrounding the bed and breakfast gave way to the beautiful city of Rome.

        The bus stopped outside of a large archway, and your group filed off with your day bags on your backs. Alfred and the brothers let the group roam free for two hours and informed the group to meet back at the archway when the time came. You stuck with Alfred, Lovino, and Feliciano, inquiring where the terrace the blond mentioned was. Alfred smiled and walked with you towards the left of the plaza where a slightly forested area was. The brothers tagged along, Lovino more so against his will as Feliciano dragged him with. Alfred wasn't kidding when he said that part of the path was steep, but you didn't mind. It was all for the glorious view of the plaza and the churches and glorious the view was.