Chapter Forty-one - Trivoli Gardens

You were the last one to wake between you and Samantha. She was trying to tame her unruly curls with a hair straightener by her bedside. You smiled and gathered what you needed to shower and get dressed before heading into the bathroom. You re-emerged and slipped on your shoes about forty minutes later, then headed downstairs with your redheaded friend to have breakfast with the rest of the group.

        When you arrived Matthias was pouring something in his and Alfred's coffee from a little bottle. You tilted your head in curiosity as you sat down, staring at the now creamy looking coffee before looking at your glass of orange juice you had poured when you collected what you wanted for breakfast. The Dane flashed you a lopsided smile and handed you his cup, silently telling you to take a sip to find out what he put in it. You drank the smallest amount possible, but the taste alone was a dead giveaway.

        "Baileys?"

        "Of course! I have three rules that I live by. One, always be awesome, never lame or boring. Two, treat people nicely and show them a good time. Three, it's never too early for alcohol."

        "Interesting... Do you spike your drinks often in the morning?"

        "Nah. I usually wait until after dinner to start drinking, but today I wanted to switch it up."

        "Gotcha!"

        He smiled again as you handed him his cup back. Breakfast was peace as always, except for one instance when a parent let their two children run amuck and knock over a few chairs and a tray or two of food being brought out. Other than that, breakfast was rather nice. Afterward the group headed out to the bus to begin the activities of the day. Alfred sat in the front with Matthias and went to explain the plans for the day, but the other blond shook his head and took over.

        "We're going to Trivoli Gardens, the second oldest operating amusement park in the world today!" He was interrupted by excited screams from you and your friends, earning a chuckle from him. "It's gonna be pretty awesome! We'll be there up until dinner, then we'll go out for that. After dinner we'll go to the Round Tower, which has an observatory, to get a tour and stargaze. That's really all that's on the schedule, but I wanted to be the one to tell you that we were going to an amusement park," he stated triumphantly whine smirking at Alfred, whose only response was a smile and an eye roll.

        You and your friends were practically bouncing in your seats as you awaited for the bus to arrive at the amusement park. The drive was longer than anyone would have liked since your hotel was on the opposite side of Copenhagen, but the wait was well worth it when you did get there. Matthias led the group to the gigantic archway that served as the entrance. He handed over the tickets and made sure to give everyone the left over stub to keep as a souvenir. He then let everyone go out to explore the rides and other attractions on their own.

        Charlotte grabbed your hand and dragged you off to check out the roller coasters. You happily followed her, Samantha tagging along as the other four went off on their own. Trivoli Gardens didn't have that many roller coasters, but they were all pretty exciting anyway. The ride you were most excited for was the Star Flyer, which was like a higher version of the typical swing rides you'd see back home.

        At some point while you were wandering around, you became separated from Samantha and Charlotte. You tried to message one of them with your phone, but neither of them were responding. You felt a tap on your shoulder after attempting to send another message. When you turned around, it was Matthias who had tapped you.

        "Hej, (y/n)! You look a little lost."

        "Yeah. I got separated from my friends."

        "Have no fear, because the hero is here too!" Alfred said as he popped out from behind the Dane.

        You giggled. "I guess I am in need of a hero." You looked down at your phone as you felt it buzz. "Say, would either of you know how to get to the pagoda building?"

        "Sure do!" Matthias exclaimed as he took your hand in his. "This way!"

        "Don't forget about me!" Alfred whined as he jogged after the two of you.

        The three of you were there in no time, and sure enough Charlotte and Samantha were waiting there. They hugged you, apologizing for leaving you behind. You hugged back, saying it was no big deal. Matthias tapped your shoulder again to gain your attention.

        "Alfred was explaining to me about how you've been taking pictures with all the tour guides."

        "He was?"

        "Yeah! Why don't we take one together here? It's pretty nice with the lake and other attractions behind us."

        "Sure! Why not?"

        "I'll take pictures for you guys!" Alfred said and took your phone.

        Matthias and you got into position and let Alfred take as many pictures as he needed until one came out perfectly. He then returned your phone to let you go through them. You went off with your two friends again after thanking them. When it was time to leave all of your friends regrouped at the exit and boarded the bus again. Dinner was odd, as you had it at one of the New Nordic restaurants, but it was delicious.

        After dinner the group received their tour of the Round Tower and the adjoining building. The astronomers in the observatory were very helpful as they helped you find the constellations they spoke about and the few planets you could see with their telescopes. When the tour was over, the group headed back to the hotel for the night. You were beat from all the walking you did and went straight to bed, wondering what your next day in Denmark would be like.

~Author's Note~

DreamsForDays here! This update is sort of on time today! Yay for that! This week and next week have been and will be absolutely hectic for me so far, so next week's update may be on the later side again. Thanks for reading! Feedback in the comments is always appreciated! Until next time!