Chapter Fifty-four - Tea Talk

~IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE - Voting has started for the next story! The options are in the Author's Note at the end!

"It is time to wake up! We have a very busy schedule today!" Yao announced somewhat loudly as he barged into your room.

"Shh!" Samantha hissed, waving her hands frantically in front of her. "Be quieter!"

"What? Why? I can't wake you up by whispering."

"That's the point. You don't want to be the one to wake up Valerie," you yawned.

"Why?"

"Just take our word for it."

"She can't be that bad," he scoffed, making his way over to the rainbow haired woman's bed.

"It's your funeral then, dude," Samantha sighed as she pulled her hair up into a high ponytail.

Yao leaned down slightly and tapped on Valerie's forehead. "It is time to wake up."

"Ngh... Go away..."

"Not until you're up." He tapped her forehead again.

Samantha and you noticed Valerie's hands shifting under the blankets and shared an all knowing look. She lashed out at him rather quickly, but to your amazement Yao caught the punch effortlessly and gave an unamused look. Valerie stared at him in utter shock. No one had ever been able to dodge her attacks.

"Worthy foe, I accept my loss..." she mumbled.

Yao smiled and released her hand. "Good. Breakfast is in one hour. I better see you all there on time."

With that said, Yao strutted out of the room and down to the next one containing another group of your friends. You sighed and stretched, getting up. Valerie buried her head back under her blankets, mumbling on about how you could use the bathroom first. Shuffling your way across the carpet, you headed towards the bathroom to shower and prepare yourself for the day. Valerie was just slinking out from under her covers as you exited, your towel draped over your shoulders. Samantha and you giggled as she dragged her blanket in with her, keeping it up over her head and wrapped around her shoulders tightly.

"She reminds me of a Hobbit," the redhead commented.

"Or Yoda," you added.

"That too! Except she's not old and green."

"She looked a little green on that one river cruise we went on last summer."

"That's because she got motion sickness."

"A lot of people were like that, and more often than not they had food poisoning, not motion sickness."

"That is true... The buffet was pretty shady on that ship..."

"Shady isn't the right word to describe that. It was downright disgusting."

"I'll agree with you on that."

"Stop talking about that stupid trip, or I'll punch you both in the boob!" Valerie hissed from the bathroom.

The two of you laughed and finished getting ready while Valerie used the bathroom. Once she was out, the three of you made your way to the dining area. Yao was already there, just as you thought he would be, gingerly sipping on a cup of steaming tea. You took your seat across from him after grabbing your food, pouring yourself a cup of tea from the teapot on the table. He smiled at you as your friends headed to the buffet style breakfast to grab a bite to eat.