Chapter Fifteen - Heineken Experience

You had gotten up early in the morning, well before five o'clock, as per the request of Abel. Lily was having some issues getting out of bed, but you took this as your sign to shower first and do whatever else you needed to do before your friend could fully wake up. It was a little after five when you stepped out of the bathroom, pajamas and toiletries in hand. Lily had managed to sit herself up on her bed but made no further effort to get up. You tidied up your side of the room before attempting to coax her out of bed. She pulled herself out and trudged to the bathroom with her things that she had set out the night before.

        While she was still in the shower, there was a knock on your door. You answered it, brush halfway stuck in your hair as you tried to work a nasty knot out of it from using the blow dryer. Alfred was on the other side, smiling tiredly. You offered him a similar smile as you let out a yawn. He patted your shoulder in a tired stupor, informing you that breakfast would start in a half hour. You nodded and thanked him before he moved on to the next room of girls to tell them the same news and make sure they were up.

        Lily and you made your way down to the dining hall with the rest of your group. Abel and Alfred were already there and enjoying a cup of hot coffee to stimulate their senses. Everyone grabbed their choice of drink and filled their plates with new breakfast foods they wanted to try and some they already liked. It wasn't even six o'clock yet, and all but Abel were still half asleep. State of consciousness aside, Abel got the group's attention with a whistle.

        "We've got a full schedule today, but I think you'll enjoy it," he stated. "We're starting off with an easy morning with the 'I Amsterdam' sign followed by going to the street markets for a bit of shopping if that's what you girls are into. We'll also be at the Bloemenmarkt, which is a floating flower market that will be nearby the street markets we'll be at. Afterward we'll have lunch and a bit of free time before going to look around at various street organs that we people of Amsterdam like to enjoy from time to time. We'll then head off to Dam Square to have a tour of it and the Royal Palace of Amsterdam that looks over it. Dinner will be right after, followed by the Heineken Experience, which is an interactive beer museum and tour."

        "So we get to drink beer?" Valerie asked.

        "Three beers are included in the price, so yes. They also have a rooftop bar where you can purchase more if you so desire."

        "Sweet," Samantha said as she nodded a few times.

        Abel nodded as well and resumed eating his meal. Everyone followed suit before cleaning up their dishes and heading to the bus. The "I Amsterdam" sign was pretty cool when you all reached it. It was just large lettering that read exactly what it was called with the "I" and the "Am" in Amsterdam in red lettering while the rest was in white. The whole group got their picture taken together and then individually before walking your way a few blocks to the Bloemenmarkt and the street markets. You all stopped at the Bloemenmarkt first since none of you planned on buying flowers. They had a lot of tulips there since it was the national flower of the Netherlands, but there were also so many flowers that you hadn't heard of before and found so beautiful. You ended up taking pictures of them and writing in their name with the editing tool on your phone so you wouldn't forget them.

        Next was the street markets. They had a similar set up as the flower market except they were selling various different items, not just flowers. There were scarves, hats, bowls, sunglasses, odd little trinkets, souvenirs, and so much more that he was a little hard to take in all at once. You did a little shopping for yourself and some family members, grabbing mainly small things as to not have to carry heavy bags all day. Everyone headed off to have free time and lunch for two hours. You went out with Samantha and Charlotte for lunch and went out on your own for free time. You ran into Abel towards the end of your walk around shops and decided to stay with him until you had to meet up to head to Dam Square.

        Dam Square was pretty spectacular, as was the Royal Palace of Amsterdam. Abel explained that the palace was one of three allocated to the president to use at his discretion every year. He also explained some of the architecture and paintings in the palace. It was soon dinner time and everyone ate together at a lovely restaurant outside of Dam Square. You then headed to the Heineken Experience. The beers you got to try we're decent, but they weren't your favorite. The beer you got at the rooftop bar was pretty good though. Charlotte, Valerie, and Lily got a little tipsy, but everyone else seemed fine, especially Abel who down at least three more beers at the bar. With good spirits, the group headed home. Abel helped you get Lily back to your room. Just when you were about to close the door, Abel stopped you and kissed your cheek, a small grin on his face before leaving. Alright, so maybe he was a little tipsy, but hey, you got a kiss out of it. Now with good spirits and a fluttery heart, you went to bed and slept off your slight buzz.

~Author's Note~

DreamsForDays here! Sorry it's late! I got distracted and had to help make some things for Thanksgiving tomorrow. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Thanks for reading! Feedback in the comments is always appreciated! Until next time!