Rebuilding

Y/n walked to school with his usual group in tow. He had recently regained some semblance of emotion and Rias had held him throughout the night. He was actually happy again. Ni and Li clung to his arms while the others watched with a mixture of jealousy and amusement. Jotaro simply sighed in slight annoyance while Kamina and Simon laughed.

When the group arrived, Y/n headed to the roof before school started. When he arrived he approached the railing and gazed out across the town. That's when Raynare hugged him from behind.

Raynare: "you definitely look happier now than you did a few weeks ago, Y/n."

Y/n: "what gave it away?"

Raynare giggled and kissed his cheek before turning to head back inside.

Raynare: "you know you can talk to any of us if you need to, right?"

Y/n: "I know."

He turned back to gazing across Kuoh. He was still recovering from losing Samael. But he felt a sense of pride that his father was able to leave some kind of legacy. Obviously, he'd have to plan the funeral and it wouldn't be easy. But it was just another thing that he had to do.

While Y/n found comfort in his peers and his family. Allia grew more and more unstable as she drank endlessly. She had known Samael for over 10,000 years and they were married for more than two centuries. She had lost her husband and when she realised that she'd abandoned her son, she fell even farther into despair.

She sat in the middle of the shrine with the empty bottles surrounding her. Her self-Loathing only mounted with each passing second.

Allia: "why? Why did I leave him?"

She wondered to herself before taking another swing of booze.

The shrine was a mess. Empty Bottles of booze lay strewn all over the floor. There were obvious signs of rot in the wood supporting the structure and the tatami mats had plenty of stains from the alcohol.

Allia lay down and curled up so her face was buried in her knees. She began to cry uncontrollably, her self-loathing getting the better of her.

Back with Y/n.

Class had passed by rather quickly and he, with the rest of the people he cared for, hung out in the ORC.

Freya joined them and, soon enough, it was a full blown supernatural gathering. Most of the beings in the room were devils, some were angels, one was a goddess.

Gadreel then came into the room with a stern expression.

Gadreel: "Y/n."

Y/n: "eh? What is it?"

Gadreel: "I need you to come with me. We've got an issue."

Y/n nodded and walked out of the room with Gadreel. The two then teleported somewhere Y/n didn't recognise.

It was a massive church. Bigger than any Y/n had ever seen before.

Gadreel: "welcome to the Primordial Church, Y/n."

Y/n: "what is this place?"

Gadreel: "this is the place that Samael and Allia married. It's also where you were born."

He looked around, the walls were at least thirty or forty feet high and in the middle of the room sat a beautiful white throne.

Y/n: "what is that?"

Gadreel: "Before he died, God used to frequently visit the Human realm. This is where he would sit. Heh, I remember he day you were born. Samael lifted you into the air and flipped the throne off to spite his father."