Chapter 10: Big Game

Comenzar desde el principio

*Timeskip to before the game*

Jackson, Theo, and TJ... known around the school as "the big three" walked out in their all white uniforms looking clean as hell walking out for warmups as all the students and the fans from the two teams of the city filled in... it was only a 27 minute drive across town but the crowd was always split fifty - fifty with chants and hecklers, the three boys walking out too many cheers with a tunnel lined by the cheerleaders but also hearing loud boos from the Lancers fans. (preview of Holy names jerseys)

As they were walking out they were hollering and getting hyped even just for warmups but Jackson didn't feel well, he had some sort of

As they were walking out they were hollering and getting hyped even just for warmups but Jackson didn't feel well, he had some sort of... uneasy feeling in his body, almost like something is missing from him. Jackson shook it off as he thought maybe it was just nerves, this was the biggest game he's ever played in, and the coach and team themselves have never been put in a situation like this, they've always been undefeated now facing the risk going 5-3 and not making playoffs so this game Is huge because if they win they will be 6-2 and move into the last playoff spot.

Jackson, traditionally always goes back to the lockeroom with about 10 minutes to go out of their 45 minute warmup as he likes to stretch by himself in the lockeroom with peace and quiet. As Jackson was walking back towards the entrance he was met by loud cheers from the crowd and the cheerleaders and tons of girls trying to reach over the barricade and touch him but he kept walking as he finally realized what was wrong with him... Lexi wasn't there.

Jackson got back to the lockeroom and started to undress and had just gotten his helmet, jersey, and shoulder pad soft as Theo was walking in. Theo immediately ran up to Jackson.

Theo: Yo what are you doing bro?!

Jackson: Going home.

Theo: Yo are you fucking crazy man we have a game in ten minutes get your ass back in your equipment.

Jackson: No.

At this point Theo was pissed that he's trying to leave and was getting caught in the heat of the moment and got in his face.

Theo: What the hell do you think you're doing? I hav given you opportunity after opportunity to turn your life around and become a start and be a someone and you're going to just throw it away because somethings bothering you?

Jackson didn't say anything or even look up as he was folding his jersey and just hit shoulders with Theo which really set him off.

Theo: REALLY?! This is what you're going to do, I should've known better than to waste my time on someone like you, a quitter, worthless, only cares about himself.

Those words really hit Jackson as he weakly fell to one knee after looking at his phone. It was a text from Lexi

Lexi: I love you Jack Jack, I don't care if its been twenty four hours but I would do anything to spend the rest of my life with you, my parents are making me move to the United States of America because of my dads business and also the best cheerleading school is there and they are forcing me to go even though I would quit cheerleading in a minute just to be with you, I love you and everything about you never change Jack Jack.... until we meet again, I Love You... Lexi xoxo

Theo couldn't believe what he just read on Jackson phone and instantly felt terrible about himself, and especially what he had just said to Jackson... as he couldn't imagine being without someone you love even if it was fresh love. Theo began to apologize for everything he said and began to help him up and clean up his face as he's never seen Jackson like this.... he wasn't even talking.

Theo has never dealt with something like this he took his eye off Jackson for five minutes he went to the bathroom to find Jackson but where Jackson was he saw blood in the sink and a knife put down beside the counter with blood stained on it, it was 5 minutes until everyone was gonna come in and huddle up and head out to the field and the new star player, the X factor, a suicidal team mate couldn't be found.

So the players came in and so did the coaches and some of the players noticed Jackson wasn't in his stall but didn't speak up about it...

*Gametime*

The team was getting hyped as "Power" by Kanye West was playing and the whole stadium was singing along too it as the team ran out and sprinted out hyped up for this rivalry game. Everyone was all crazy and hyped up but Jackson put on some white arm sleeves to match the uniform and instead of running out to midfield and planting the flag on their logo he walked out of the tunnel behind everyone and walked down the sideline to his bench.

All of the fans were quite curious but he was doing things his way before the big game

*A/N IF YOU DONT LIKE FOOTBALL SKIP TO THE OTHER BOLD LETTERS DOWN BELOW A/N*

After captains met at midfield it was deemed that the Knights would return and the Lancers would kickoff to start the game. So Jackson went back to return on kick return with Theo.

Thanks for joining us today everyone I am the sole commentator tonight and here we goooooo kickoff baby!

Jackson catches the ball in the end zone and runs cross field towards the left and fakes the handoff to Theo Johnson nobody bites and he continues running hits the hole and HE MAY BE GONE JACKSON KING 50 40 30 20 10 5 TOUCHDOWN KNIGHTS. Theres the start they needed, try to hit the Lancers in the mouth before they can get going and that's exactly what King just did.

The rest of the game was back and fourth teams trading touchdowns until there was 15 seconds left and they were down by 6 as the Lancers got two back to back field goals off of turnovers from fumbles by the WRs. That is until the ball was on the 25 yard line and Jackson king was in the backfield.

With one minute left everyone is thinking deep pass but the give it right to Jackson King and he finds a whole in the 5 man rush and he has some space Jackson King AVOIDS A TACKLE TO THE 50 HE HAS TWO MEN TO BEAT HE MAKES ONE MISS... AND THE OTHER MISSES THE TACKLE FROM BEHIND JACKSON KING WITH THE WALK OFF TOUCHDOWN AND HOLY NAMES WINS THE GAME AND SNEAKS INTO THE PLAYOFFS

*GAME OVER*

Jackson's final stats:

178 rushing yards 4 rushing touchdowns

1 kick return touchdown

56 receiving yards

As everyone rushed the field a ton of girls and teammates trying to find Jackson couldn't, he had already left and was gone from the changeroom... and everyone especially Theo was starting to panic....

To be continued