68: Gold Dust Woman

- a week later -

~ Amanda's POV ~

Vince was so right. I hate to admit to him ever being right, especially when it came to something like using drugs, but he had me completely figured out.

Ever since that night of doing coke (or whatever it actually was) with Digger and Hannah, we had done it at every party we went to. I was surprised that they were hanging around in town for this long, until I discovered that they're both from Los Angeles and they were just waiting for Mötley's tour to hit the road again.

Vince kept his distance from me when we'd bust out the baggies, and I didn't blame him. I felt so guilty for doing it in front of him, even though he assured me many times that it had no influence on him. But I knew that it did, he just wanted me to have fun. So I naturally felt insanely guilty. And I should.

Tonight we were out partying with Skid Row. I had done some questionable substances with all of Los Angeles' finest...Sebastian Bach, Kelly Nickels, Bret Michaels, Jon Bon Jovi, Jani Lane, Kip Winger, Tracii Guns, David Coverdale, and even the one and only Steven Tyler.

It was absolutely insane to have met all of these amazing rockstars, and I only wondered who I'd be meeting at the party tonight.

"I'm so glad you're having a good time," Vince said, repeating his same mantra to me as we both got ready for the party tonight.

Our trip to California to reconnect had slowly become an excuse for the two of us to party constantly without any real consequences. We had both taken practically a year off from the music and partying scene to make things right back at home and to welcome our baby daughter into the world. But for some reason, we were both getting so incredibly caught up in what LA had to offer in terms of music, alcohol, and for me, other experiences that were waiting to be discovered.

"I can't even remember the last time that we've had this much fun together," Vince continued. "We need to get away like this more often."

"You mean something like leaving home for nearly a year at a time?" I teased, sliding on my fishnet stockings that would rest under my tight black dress that hugged my waist and hips at just the right spots.

"But that's work," Vince whined, walking over to me and standing behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling my back flat against his chest. "I wanna play."

"There'll be plenty of time for playing tonight," I assured him, resting my hands on top of his arms.

"What if I can't wait that long?" He continued on, kissing my shoulder before squeezing me even tighter with his arms.

"Then too bad," I said, slightly shoving him away from me. "We're gonna be late."

"Late?" Vince said, trailing after me as I grabbed my handbag from the hotel room dresser, heading toward the door as his voice trailed immediately behind me. "We're skipping the whole show already, we can go to the party anytime."

"If we get in that bed, we won't be going anywhere all night," I said, turning back to flash him a genuine smile before heading out of the door, him following me close behind.

"Maybe we should spend tomorrow alone? Just the two of us?" Vince wondered out loud as we neared the elevator.

"Maybe," I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"I just feel like we're avoiding being alone," Vince analyzed as we rode down to the lobby together. "When we get home things might be weird. Since we aren't really working out our issues here like we wanted."