38: Believe In Love

- 2 weeks later -

~ Vince's POV ~

After our first night together, it was an easy transition into living with Amanda. After getting my divorce with Lauren, I packed up all of my things and moved them into Amanda's apartment. Or, I guess, it was our apartment now. I worried a little about Lauren, but I knew that she would stay friends with Heather, Melissa, and hopefully even Amanda again.

Today I was at the studio with the guys and we were arguing over some technicalities about one of our newest songs. Mostly procrastinating though.

"Van Halen's playing another show tonight," Mick stated. "Who's going?"

"Amanda and I are," I said as I tapped my fingers against my leg.

"I'm sure Lita would like to go," Nikki said, a smile creeping onto his face.

"Nah," Tommy said, holding the leg that was crossed on top of his other one. "Heather's already been alone all day with Skylar, I wanna stay in."

"Look at my boys growing up," Mick said, chuckling to himself. "I remember when you would bring a different girl here every day, Vince."

"Yeah man," Tommy said, laughing too. "The rest of us could at least keep them for a few days. Maybe a week."

"Hey, but at least he found someone who will put up with him," Nikki said in a teasing tone, nudging my arm harshly, hoping to get a rise out of me.

"Awh, c'mon Vince," Mick said. "We're just joking around." I still didn't say anything, but folding my arms and watching them. "What a baby," Mick said as they all joined in on laughter, myself included.

I wasn't mad at what they were saying, but I couldn't help but feel sensitive when what they were saying was actually true. I had come a long way from the person that I used to be, though.

"Maybe we should get back to the music?" I suggested.

After a couple more hours, we had the song figured out and it was sounding a million times better than it did earlier. We all left with a much better attitude and everyone but Tommy agreed to meet at the bar tonight.

"Hey man, let me give you a ride," Tommy said, walking next to me after Nikki parted off to walk himself home.

"I won't let myself be seen in a Camaro," I said, patting him on the back gently.

"God, what is it with you?" Tommy joked, gently punching my arm. "You just don't have any taste. You know Amanda said the same thing?"

"That's my girl," I said, chuckling. "I live just up the block now anyway."

"Oh shit, that's right," Tommy said, now leaning against his car as we talked.

"For awhile at least," I said, shrugging.

"What are you going to get a house or something?" Tommy asked.

"Hopefully soon, yeah," I said. "I'm just...waiting I guess, I don't know."

"You know," he said. "I don't think I'd ever see the day that my best friend was going to be buying a house with his girl."

"Well, we all change," I said, laughing. "So there's hope for you two, man."

"Harsh but alright," he said, laughing too. "I better go home, you know to my family and whatnot," he said again in almost a mocking tone. Mocking of himself, it seemed.

"See you man," I said giving him a little wave as I started walking home.

Even briefly mentioning that to Tommy sent my mind thinking of all the amazing things that I'd be able to do with Amanda. But the first step on our agenda was to get engaged. I wanted to so badly, but I still wanted it to be a surprise for her. She knew that I was going to, because I asked, but I didn't want that fact to ruin the moment.