9: No One Like You

~ Amanda's POV ~

I woke up with the worst headache I've had in my entire life. I turned to find Vince laying next to me, the blankets tangled between the two of us. My stomach groaned and churned and I soon felt uneasy. I swallowed as I laid my head back down onto the pillow and took a deep breath. I concentrated on my breathing so much that I think I ended up dozing off for a bit.

Vince carefully nudged me awake by pushing on my arm a little, "Amanda?"

I groaned as I turned to face him, the quiet sound of his voice sending shooting pain into my head. "What do you want?" I asked before shutting my eyes again, trying to concentrate on my breaths as to not let myself get sick.

"Woah, I didn't mean to awake a beast," he said, laughing, as he laid his head down next to mine on the pillow. I stayed silent until he then asked me, "are you feeling okay?"

"Not at all," I said as I put my hands on my stomach, starting to massage it in hopes that it would keep me at bay.

"Shit, I should have taken better care of you last night," he said as he quickly shot up out of the bed. "Are you going to be sick?" I prayed to God that I wouldn't, but I knew that it was going to. You can delay it, but only for so long.

I nodded my head without opening my eyes and he carefully scooped me up out of the bed and carried me into the bathroom. The second he set me down my stomach churned and without any warning my insides started coming up. As I leaned forward with my face hovering over the toilet, Vince held my hair back and rubbed my back.

I wiped my mouth as I leaned back into him a little, my head pounding harder now than ever. He held me and rubbed my arms because I was shivering. I'm really surprised that I didn't cry. I hate puking so much.

"Never let me near alcohol again," I said as I closed my eyes and felt another wave of vomit coming up. This kept going on for another ten minutes or so before I finally decided that I was all done getting sick.

I was still feeling pretty shitty but I wasn't going to let my day be ruined because I couldn't handle my drinks as well as everyone else who we spent the night with. Somehow, I had totally forgotten about Nikki and Lita's secret marriage until right now. Why would they bother keeping it a secret anyway? It just seems dangerous to me.

Vince and I walked into his kitchen where Nikki and Lita were both sharing some frozen waffles.

"Rough morning?" Lita asked me as she chuckled when she saw my disheveled state. I nodded but didn't say anything because even her delicate voice sounded like thunder in my mind. I sat down at the table and kept my eyes closed, denying any food that Vince had offered me.

"We got the studio today, remember that Vince?" Nikki asked as he used his fork to aggressively cut a piece of the waffle off.

"Yes, Nikki. You think I'd forget probably the biggest day of our lives so far?" Vince was referring to the first day recording their album. They've only worked on the songs and recorded demos until this point, but now they had a producer and were going to record final versions so that they could release their own album.

"It's going to be so cool to have your work out for the world to hear," Lita noted between chews of her waffles, the mere smell making me feel nauseous again. "Recording my first album was life changing, it was the start of everything." Oh, so she was a musician too? And she had her own album out? I wonder if I've ever heard her music on the radio or something, but I figured I'd ask her another time.

Vince and Nikki decided to head out to the studio and I told Lita that it was nice to meet her before turning the opposite way to walk myself home.