12: Where Have All The Good Times Gone?

~ Amanda's POV ~

- three weeks later -

The weeks seemed to rush by so fast and before I knew it, the guys were starting to pack and get ready to head out on their tour of the states. I peeked at the calendar on my wall, two days before Vince would leave. I sipped my cup of tea and checked my answering machine. There was two messages:

1: Melissa: Hey you should give me a call when you get a chance. Heather and I want to go shopping, let us know if you're in for this afternoon.

2: Doctor's Office: {automated message} This is an appointment reminder for Thursday the 27th with Doctor Murphy.

I marked the doctor's appointment on my calendar, noting that I had two full weeks before I had to start talking with my doctor about 'my options'. I dialed Melissa and asked her what time and where to meet to go shopping. I realized that I should probably start getting ready so that I looked decent going out for once.

I walked into my bathroom, lifting my shirt up to see if I could notice any traces of a bump growing on my stomach. It was completely flat like there was nothing there. Like it was impossible to think that there was anything alive inside of me right now. I pulled my shirt down and thought it would be better if I pushed those thoughts out of my mind until the doctor's appointment.

I put on a pair of light jeans and a tank top, adding a leather vest and pulling my hair up into a high ponytail.

I headed out to the square where Melissa and Heather told me to meet them, and quickly they were waving me down while standing near a an outlet store.

"Wow, you are sure looking sharp," Melissa said as she gave me a hug. It had been a little while since we saw each other. With the whole tour and pregnancy thing I didn't get around to going to many shows at the bar, and it was sad to think that the friendships that were once so strong were starting to get weak now.

We all headed into the store and I tried to remember why I wanted to come with. I had zero intentions of buying anything honestly, especially if I now had to pay for doctor's appointments and prenatal vitamins, and saving my money to start paying for my birth control in the future.

Melissa wandered off into the dressing rooms to try on a few tops that she picked out and Heather and I stood and waited for her. "How are you feeling?" She asked me, looking at me through her hazel eyes.

"I'm feeling okay. A little nervous to say goodbye to Vince."

"And the whole thing...," she gestured to my stomach. "How are you feeling about all of that?"

"I still haven't decided anything yet. I think I'd like to keep the baby one way or another. I'm just not sure if I'll be the one to raise it," I said, not even realizing I had made that choice before saying it out loud to Heather.

"That's good." All of a sudden Melissa appeared again from the dressing rooms with a sour look on her face.

"These all look disgusting on me," she said, putting them on the discard rack near the rooms. "Let's get something to eat, I'm getting hungry."

~ Vince's POV ~

We all leave for the tour on Wednesday morning and it's Monday. One more full day and we'd all be leaving the city for awhile. I'm so excited to go pursue what we've all been working so hard toward. Not to sound a little selfish but it was so nice to finally have some success when it didn't seem like we were going anywhere.

I had done most of my packing before today, but I had a few extra things that I couldn't pack right now, like my toothbrush and whatnot. I scrambled around my apartment trying to think if I was missing anything, anything at all.