42: You're Nobody (Til Somebody Loves You)

~ Vince's POV ~

- wedding day -

Amanda and I groaned when the alarm clock went off, and I turned to face the beautiful woman that I was going to marry today. She looked so damn beautiful when she was sleeping, even more so when she was awake.

"Morning sweetheart," I said gently as she rubbed her eyes sleepily.

"Good morning," she said, a smile falling across her face.

"Did last night actually happen? Or did I have the best dream ever?" I asked flirtatiously, making the smile on her face grow even bigger.

"Only in your dreams," she said, laughing. "I hope I can walk today."

"If you can, I'll make sure you can't after tonight," I said back, resting my hand on her hip, thoughtlessly moving it down her back.

"At least get me a ring first," she teased, moving her hand up to my neck and pulling me into the most passionate kiss we've had since last night. It wasn't that long ago, but it sure seemed like it. All I wanted to do today was spend the whole day in bed together, as much as I wanted to get married.

"We better get up, people are going to be showing up any minute to get set up," I said, sitting up and motioning for her to follow me.

"I don't wanna," she said, smirking at me as she pulled the sheets back up to her chin.

"It was your idea to have the wedding at the house," I said, smirking back at her. I walked around to her side of the bed, grabbing the blankets and pulling them off of her, tickling her stomach until she surrendered, finally standing up and heading to put on some clothes for the morning.

"You know it isn't fair when you do that to me," she said, grabbing a clean shirt from her dresser drawer.

"Don't be so ticklish then," I replied, heading down the stairs to unlock the front door.

There was already two vans parked on our road, with a crew of people eager to get everything set up. The ceremony was going to be in the backyard and the reception would continue there and in the house.

"Hello, Mr. Neil," a friendly business woman greeted me on the front porch. "We need to get started right away if that's alright."

"Of course," I said before allowing the crew of people into the house to start getting set up for the wedding.

I had taken on most of the wedding planning, considering it really wasn't Amanda's thing. I actually really enjoyed it, at least for a little while. It was so many crazy decisions to make in such a short amount of time I couldn't even remember most of the details that seemed so important now that today is the day.

I was still ecstatic that I was getting to marry her today. I remember thinking before my wedding with Lauren that it was going to be the best day of my life, but I was wrong; today was going to be the best day of my life. If it could be any greater than the day that we met.

While I stood daydreaming in the doorway, Tommy's Camaro pulled up on our street and I prepared myself for the lengthy day ahead of me. Thankfully, it was going to be long in a good way. I hoped.

"Hey man!" He shouted from his car, helping Heather carry in bags containing their outfits for the wedding. I waved back and nodded in their direction as they walked up the path to the house.

"How are you?" Heather asked once they approached me and stepped inside. Before I could answer she continued, "how is Amanda?"

"She seems fine," I said, shrugging.