37: Stick to Your Guns

- a couple of days later -

~ Amanda's POV ~

After our first night away at the motel, Vince and I spent the next couple of days reconnecting. It had been so long since we had a chance to talk, not to mention how long it had been since we had a real heart to heart. We basically talked, ate, and cuddled for days. After awhile, he wanted to get home so the guys didn't get too upset about him being gone from the studio.

"You wanna come in and see what we've been working on?" Vince asked as he turned to face me as we were nearing town again. It had been quite some time since I had been to their studio and it felt like forever since I've seen Nikki or Mick. But honestly, you can't expect to see much of Mick anyway.

"I don't know," I said, even though I would love to go. "Wouldn't that be a little weird?"

"Don't overthink it," he said, "I'm sure Lita will be there."

"Okay...," I reluctantly agreed. "I feel like they'll be mad at me for keeping you away."

"Let me worry about them," he said with a smile, pulling up to the studio now.

We got out of the car and he draped his arm across my shoulders and led me inside the building. So much nostalgia filled me walking through those dingy hallways, but the feeling put me at ease and reassured me of my choice to be with Vince.

"Look who decided to show up...," Nikki said as we entered their room.

"Hey Amanda," Tommy said with a smile once he saw me with Vince and I gave him a smile as Vince and I parted ways. I spotted Lita across the room so I moved to go and sit next to her while the guys eagerly got started on rehearsing their songs.

"Where did you guys end up going?" Lita asked suddenly, breaking my trance of watching Vince sing in my direction.

"We went to some small town up north," I said, turning to face her bright face and rosy cheeks. "Just to reconnect and get to know each other again, you know."

"I do actually," she said with a chuckle. "Nikki and I didn't go away like that...but we spent a few days just talking and whatnot, it feels good right?"

"It really does," I admitted as Vince gave me a wink, making my heart skip a beat. Everything was reaffirming my choice of me telling him that I was okay with getting married. With each passing day, the idea seemed to comfort me and make me happier than I ever thought it would.

"We should really hang out more," Lita said, reaching her arm out and grabbing mine to emphasize her excitement. She always seemed so busy, or she wasn't even around, I never really thought about getting to know her. But she seemed really friendly and bubbly, and I could always use another friend.

"For sure," I said with a smile. "Shopping sometime maybe?"

"I think we'll get along nicely," she replied, laughing and nodding.

Vince smiled at me right after they finished another song and I shook my head at him and gestured for him to focus on what he was doing. I laid back into my chair and Lita and I talked more when they kept playing through a few songs.

- after rehearsal -

"So, Amanda...," Nikki said as we were all helping to get things straightened out in the disheveled room. "Are you sticking around this time?"

"Nikki," Lita intervened, widening her eyes toward me to apologize for his question.

"It's fine," I reassured her. "And yes, why? You don't like me anymore?"