14: Juke Box Hero (Long Chapter)

~ Vince's POV ~

- the next day -

I again stared out the window, this time with different thoughts on my mind. How could I possibly be so selfish, and unfair, and awful. I wanted a drink so badly but I didn't deserve one. I didn't deserve anything.

Tommy plunked down beside me on my seat again, Nikki and Mick were out cold in theirs.

"You didn't come to the party last night. I was worried about you," he said, laughing too loudly for my taste.

"I always have to worry about you," I said, nudging him hard in his side.

"Fucking ow, Vince. What was that for?" He asked, moving away from me on the seat.

"I saw you last night," I said in a mocking tone.

"I saw you too you, dumbass," he said, nudging me back, harder than I nudged him.

"No, I saw you making out with that blonde girl. What happened to being Mr. Perfect and 'I'm a dad, I'm gonna be a husband'?" I said, rubbing my knowledge in his face. It was pretty unjustified, considering my actions from last night, but he didn't know about that. Or did he?

"Yeah, well," he said, shrugging. "I don't know." He looked past me and out the window as well.

"If you tell anyone I'll kill you, you hear?" I said before deciding to tell him. "I 'm not innocent either," I said, my eyes not even being able to look at Tommy in the face after telling him this. I was so embarrassed with myself and everything I had done, but us two were practically in the same place now.

"Don't tell Heather or Amanda what I did either," he said.

"I don't know, but in the moment I didn't care or something," I said, hoping that Tommy could relate to my infidelity. He just nodded and we both sat there in silence until we landed.

~ Amanda's POV ~

- two weeks later -

Missing Vince had been less painful than I originally imagined. Heather and I started spending more time together, and I had extra time to focus on work and my own career more.

Just over two weeks had gone by and I felt completely fine. Maybe that was bad, but I still felt close to Vince in a weird way. We hadn't got a chance to talk on the phone yet because of the time difference and him being busy, but it didn't bother me. I trusted him.

My morning sickness, on the other hand, was terrible. I couldn't eat anything until the late afternoon, if I wanted to keep it down, and everyday I could only eat a few things that wouldn't make me gag.

The doctor told me two weeks ago that I was two months along, but I was already having a hard time and I wasn't even a third of the way there yet. Heather never got sick like I have been so she wasn't much of a help in comforting me through all of this. But she tried and I appreciated it.

I started walking to one of the projects that I had been working on for awhile now. It was a mural inside of a hospital by the children's wing. It was a bunch of cute animals and flowers and I was loving how it was turning out, and the pay that I was going to receive for it.

I was up on the ladder and stroking away with my paint brush when I suddenly got a pain in my stomach. I pushed past it, all of the years of getting period cramps not making me concerned about cramps or pain.

Awhile later a nurse came up to me and politely asked if I was on my period.

"Why?" I asked, wondering why this random woman wanted to know about something so personal. I was almost offended and upset that she was asking me something like that.