Chaper 9

"Well guess we guessed right then." Beetlejuice smiled softly at me. "Babes why don't u draw a door?" I give Beetlejuice a That's-weird look and he rolls his eyes. "here" he says as he gives a crayon to me. I do as he said and draw a door on the floor.
Beetlejuice knocks three times and as the door opens a greenish color of smoke comes out.
Then Beetlejuice grabs the Polong and throws him in and the door closes. "What was that?" I say looking shocked at Beetlejuice. "Nothing to worry about." He says as he kisses my forehead. "Why don't we get you home so you can relax." He says with a worried expression and I nod in agreement.

***

"Can I ask you something?" I ask Beetlejuice since it's been very silent since we've been back home. "Were u ever human?" He looks at me with a questioning look. "I don't know and don't remember honestly." He laughs awkwardly. "Do you ever wanna be a human?" he looks at me with a weird expression. "Why are you so interested in that all of a sudden?" "Okay, fine, I'll just throw it out." I take a deep breath. "I am wondering if you could become a human," I say immediately hid my face in my bed. I can feel him smiling. "Are you smiling?" "No, " He says in a sarcastic tone. "I can become human." He confirms, "how?" He shows a smile and goes lie next to me on the bed. "By marriage." I instantly put on a help me and not today Satan-face on. "No, it's not like that, but more like a free card." He explains laughing. "So, it's nothing official?" He shakes his head. "More like a promise, cause with you babes who knows how it may turn out." He winks and again I hide my face in my pillow. He goes sit next to me and hugs me as I get up making me fall back on the bed with him holding slash cuddling me.

"Do you ever wanna marry me?" He asks making the room grow silent. "I don't know." I say softly still having the thought of a real marriage in my mind.

"How are we gonna get Jared?" I ask changing the subject. "I already have a plan, but we need to be extra careful." I nod and he winks while going back to hugging tightly.

***
I plant the note Beetlejuice and I had written to get Jared to the yard after school hours:
I know about the Polong don't try to hide it and meet me in the yard at 3 o'clock
No funny business I'm always watching.
I quickly walk away hoping he didn't see me.

3 hours later (02:30 pm)

As I walk away a strong hand grabs me by my shoulders and puts a cloth on my mouth. I look up trying to see who it is even though I can guess it, but because of the fear tears start to blur my vision and my legs are beginning to feel weak.

Then another strong arm pulls me away from him and I and the other male fall on the ground with me on him. He's soft and warm I want to close my eyes.

I see Beetlejuice stand up and the warmth disappears and gets replaced with the coldness of the floor. With his hands he grabs my cheeks looking me with worry and all seriousness in my eyes and commands: "Don't close your eyes and try to stay awake." I nod trying with all my strength, but they just get heavier every time I try. He shakes me trying to not let me sleep, but my eyes ignore him and close.

Betelgeuse POV
They closed their eyes making me feel the anger rise from head to toe. "You're going to pay for this." He realizes that it's not good to make me mad and he runs to the exit I closed before he can get through. "You made a very big mistake." I make two hands appear and hold him tightly to the wall. "Why?" I say smiling of enjoyment. He lets out another scream making me smile even more. "There we have it again 'that beautiful sound.'"

A/N: next week only one chapter and also the final chapter.❤️ thanks for the 1K 🙏