Nicholas Drew: Chapter 13-2. One Of Them

Nicholas Drew: Chapter 13-2. One Of Them

I carefully cradled Mitchell's body in my arms as I slowly lifted him from me getting up, I jumped at the small pup yapping towards me. I sighed gently telling it to hush although I glanced down towards his human form, I allowed myself to look him up and down licking my lips. I was definitely going to hell. I walked out of the bathroom manoeuvring myself ever so slowly, I paused hearing a quiet thud, a few minutes passed until I moved once more. But again there it was the sound of someone other than myself moving. I exhaled listening to Mitchell's heartbeat - the small pup panting - the pitter-patter of rain upon the roof. I paused shaking my head before beginning to take step after steps once more. 

"Nicholas, what - what are you doing?" Oh shit.

THUD!

I looked down and flinched at the sight of clear blue eyes. I nervously laughed as Mitchell looked up at me, he rubbed his backside whilst I reached a hand out to him. He took my hand and on three I pulled him up, he suddenly fell forwards, lying his head onto my shoulder. I exhaled slowly and hesitantly placed my arms around his slick waist. Again, my breathing halted due to the sound of the creaking upon the stairs. I prepared myself at the flick of a switch, for the hallway was now visible, slowly I turned my head towards the top of the stairs. 

Please don't be Mrs. Larsson.

Please don't be-

"Where'd you get this little fellow?" Jesse cooed picking up the small puppy.

I sighed seeing the small pup eagerly lick his face whilst Mitchell limply lifted his head.

"Hey, Jesse." He muttered.

Jesse continued to coo towards the puppy, his face slightly slobbered in saliva. I looked towards Mitchell, taking a step back gently removing my arms from him, he looked back me also taking a few steps back. I looked at him up and down once more, perhaps not subtle enough.. Since he suddenly exaggerated a cough. I half smiled at my failed attempt to check him out. Handing him my shirt I scratched the back of my neck, watching him put it on without ease.

He mouthed, "Thank you."

Before walking over to the pup giving it a quick scratch behind the ears, the pup wagged its tail clawing it’s way into his arms. Did this mean he was in control of the pup and himself? Or that the wolf was separated from it’s human? I returned the smile but walked past Jesse and Mitchell towards the stairs, I grimaced shaking my head seeing the pup growl towards me. Walking down the stairs, I paused to look back up to Jesse and Mitchell, there in my sight was the two of them bickering, the poor pup caught up in the middle of it. I laughed. It was practically a tug-of-war. 

“Drew!” Jesse whined.

“Yeah?”

“Tell Mitchell that the puppy is mine!” Jesse whined.

I smirked looking towards Mitchell, “Mitchell, the puppy’s mine.”

Jesse immediately turned towards Mitchell agreeing, “Yeah, the puppy’s his - Wait what?” He turned around looking down at me with narrowed eyes.

“I’m sorry, but Princess is mine.” I laughed.

Mitchell's eyes suddenly lit up his gaze immediately meeting mine.

"But he's a boy! He'll get beaten up at the park!" Jesse whined.

I just nodded continuing to gaze into Mitchell's eyes, there was something a lot more calm about him. Jesse nudged him bringing him back to reality, I sighed watching his gaze instantly leave mine, he instantly brought his fist to Jesse’s arm. Yep, he was back to normal. I sighed seeing Jesse rub his arm, turning around I walked down the rest of the stairs. I breathed slowly listening to Mitchell's heartbeat. Just one heartbeat. I rubbed my head feeling it burn. No. Not again. I let out a low growl but blinked at the sound of a quiet growl. Immediately, my gaze flew back towards the pup. You're not part of our pack.. Are you? My eyes narrowed towards the silver diamond at it's neck. No.. You can't be.. My nails dug into my palms.

"Why are my boxers wet?" Mitchell questioned, pulling the waistband of his boxers outwards slightly.

Despite part of me wanting to laugh and grimace at this remark, I suppressed a roar immediately heading towards the living room. Fire scorched in my veins and it didn't seem as if these flames were going to diminish anytime soon. I felt numb not knowing if my human form would be able to withstand this - this rage. I closed my eyes counting number after number trying to slow my racing pulse, but I begun to make my strides larger, my palms blistering under my clenched fists. My breaths came quick and sharp inhaling and exhaling. I had to leave. I had to leave now. My eyes darted towards my bag.  

'Nicholas.' 

I paused hearing Jelena's voice resound in my head. You..

'Nicholas..' She repeated again and again.

'What is it Jelena?' I snapped.

'Was it the same Mitchell I met after that rugby practise, the boy you bit?' She questioned.

'Yes..'  I answered through gritted teeth.

'Did you give him-' She started until I interrupted her.

 'Tell Jelena when was the last time you got laid?' 

Complete and utter silence. I was finally alone with my own thoughts and smiled. I looked around for my trainers and slipped into them. I looked towards the door leading to the hallway, it was still flooded with the light from upstairs, I could roughly hear Mitchell and Jesse continue to chat away. I headed towards the hallway turning towards the front door, dragging my large bag behind me, but I paused hearing the lock of the door unlock. In came Mrs. Larsson, still wearing her uniform but her hair was no longer tied up, she closed the door behind her putting her keys into her pocket. 

"Where are you planning on going, in the early hours of the morning, Mr. Drew?" She questioned taking a few steps towards me.

"Erm..." I quickly let go of my bag.

 "At least stay for breakfast that's the least you could do." She smiled now that she was a few metres closer.

"What - What do you mean?" I asked.

"You see, Mitchell has changed over the two years... But since I've been told about you, he seems to be slowly recovering, I haven't seen him in better shape emotionally and physically." She smiled, putting a hand  onto my shoulder. "Thank you, Drew."

"You're welcome Mrs. Larsson." I returned the smile all signs of rage fading away.

"Call me, Charlotte." She corrected, giving my shoulder a slight squeeze.

I nodded, "Sure thing, Mrs. Larsson."

She laughed gently, before making her way upstairs but before she disappeared from my sight, she said, "You can borrow one of Mitchell's shirts since you seem to be missing yours.."