Nicholas Drew: Chapter 8-2. Imprint

Nicholas Drew: Imprint

I opened my eyes recalling the events which had occurred, I sighed continuing to stare at my car ceiling. The only aspect of it which made it bearable was that warmth - I quickly looked down at myself - my clothes were still intact. Phew. I felt something brush my chin slightly, I looked down to see Mitchell's arms wrapped around my waist. Wait - since when was Mitchell laid next to me? - Never mind. I exhaled and savoured the sight of Mitchell beside me, his warmth - his body next to mine.

RING - RING - RING. Just great...

My ears rang as if the volume of the ring increased, I tried to find the source of the ringing, the mobile continued to ring irritatingly. It wasn't mine as my mobile sat in the glove box in pieces, I looked down and gently reached into Mitchell's hoodie pockets before retrieving the mobile finally.

Pressing the receiver's button - I yawned, "Hello?"

"Mitchell Scott Larsson - Where have you been young man? I have been ringing you since my since my morning shift!" A female voice screamed as I pulled it from my ear slightly.

"Uh - Mrs. Larsson?" I guessed.

"Yes, this is Charlotte Larsson and whom is this answering my son's mobile?" Mrs. Larsson snapped.

"This is Drew, Mrs. Larsson - Nicholas Drew, I'm your son's boy- Mitchell's classmate - Yeah classmate." I answered.

"If so what class do you share?" She asked.

I racked my brain over what lessons we did actually share. "Rugby, I'm alongside him on the rugby squad." I blurted.

"Rugby? - My son best not be practising, you do know he has-"

"Bruised ribs?" We both said at the same time.

"Exactly - Now where is he?" She questioned. 

I immediately looked down at the peaceful boy sleeping beside me, it wasn't exactly best to tell his mother that he happened to be asleep with his arms around my waist. I nervously pinched the bridge of my nose thinking of what to say; Mitchell awoke as he met my gaze, instead of understanding - he swiftly removed his arms around my waist. I apologetically smiled handing the mobile to him.

"Hey Mum - No I'm not at practice - Where - Where am I? I'm - I'm -" Mitchell spoke quickly sitting up but paused as he calmly took a deep breath as his ribs probably ached.

I carefully shuffled my way out the car and closed the door behind me, I stopped breathing as soon as I turned towards my car - the sight was appalling. The glossy paint was either scratched of scrapped off the sides and well it looked as if my car had got ran over; with the windows still intact. I groaned running my hand against the dents of the side, I flinched as I reached the rear seeing a crescent moon carved onto the back. This clearly meant that they knew my identity - they knew what I was - I instantly relaxed as warmth hit my shoulder, I turned around.

"Um, sorry about your car and I just want to say sorry about this morning." Mitchell spoke, his hand still on my shoulder.

"About what?" I smirked secretly knowing the answer.

"You know.." He looked towards the car and then the ground.

"Well I'm sorry for crushing you and your personal space." I added trying to avoid the awkward silence.

He smiled shaking his head, I smiled trying to suppress the urge to just grab his face and kiss him. I had to tuck my hands into my back pockets just to ease temptation, I found myself - now just a few centimetres away from him. I looked down to the pendant around his neck until Mitchell nudged my chin with his fist giving me a weird look.