Intertwined: Chapter 3. Photograph

 "That girl owes me -” I paused in order to count my fingers. “- £12, 59p change.” I stated.

“Shut up and eat the cookie.” Jesse stated as we pulled into my driveway.

“Just because you scored her number. Why - Why are we at my house?” I muffled sitting up as I munched on my delectable cookie.

“If you drop me at my house that means you’d have to drive home and since you’ve bruised your ribs I can’t have you driving.” Jesse replied as he stopped the car.

I got out the car and began to walk up to the front door until Jesse once again carried me, only difference was that Jesse held me as if we we’re newly-weds.

“Put me down!” I mumbled continuing to eat my cookie.                   

“Nu-uh.” Jesse muttered.                                                                

“You forgot to lock my car!” I yelled, now that my cookie was devoured.

“No I didn’t!” Jesse smirked.                                                

“Yes. You -” I began.

BLEEP  -  BLEEP - BLEEP

 “- Didn‘t forget.” Jesse smirked.

“Okay, you can put me down .” I repeatedly stated although Jesse ignored me and pressed the doorbell with his elbow.

DING DONG!

 "Jesse it’s nice to see you and Mitchell can’t you use your legs?” My mum stated as she opened the door.

 “Nice to see you too Charlotte.” Jesse grinned.

“Nice to see you too Mum.” I groaned.

 She stepped aside so that Jesse could enter, he tried to step in sideways, but still managed to whack my head on the door frame. Oh my head… I received a glare from my mum as I shrugged. Jesse walked into the living room, not before hitting my head repeatedly on door frames and plopped me down onto the sofa.

 “Can I get you boys anything?”

 “A glass of orange squash please.” Jesse settled into the lounger next to the sofa.

“Some pain killers and an ice pack would be nice.” I groaned rolling onto my back.

 “There is no way that your going to be able to play, let alone practise rugby.” Jesse stated crossing his legs.

“Do you even know that cashier’s name?” I asked ignoring what he had just said.

“Yeah, it’s Rachel.”

“No, it’s not.” I scoffed.

“Yeah, it is.”

“No, it’s not.” I repeated.

We continued to repeat those two lines until my mum intervened, shutting the both of us up, she handed Jesse his juice as for me a bag of frozen peas and some pain killers. I gulped them down and sighed at the relief of something frozen.

“What happened to your ribs Mitchell?” My mum asked, she took a seat beside me as I stared at the ceiling.

 “Nothing.” I replied.

And of course like every mother would’ve she checked, she gasped as she lifted my shirt along with the a frozen bag of peas. Great..

“Nothing? You call this nothing? Baby, you’re ribs are taped up.” I frowned as she lightly touched them.