At that, she nodded before looking around. 

          The garage floor was littered with engine parts and tools.  There was a bucket of oil in the corner and a few rages were laying next to it, coated in grease.  She turned her head toward the cylinders and snickered to herself. 

          "What?"  He asked, slightly worried about what she might be thinking about the mess.  He didn't want Haven to judge him or thinking less of him for what he did as a hobby but that really wasn't his main worry.  He knew she wouldn't do that; he was just curious as to what she might be thinking.

          "So . . .  This is what you do all day?  You sit in this garage, presumably on that board and tear apart engines?  That's it; that's all?"  She asked as she turned toward him.  He nodded and smirked a little; the crooked smile causing her own smirk to soften.  There was a hint of sadness in his eyes and she couldn't shake it. 

          "What's wrong, Darin?"  Haven asked as she creased her brow. 

          "Nothing," he lied.  Turning toward her, he caught worry in the almond shaped, brown pools she had.  He moved his jaw a little and looked down passed his hands at the floor, "Why do you think something's wrong?" 

          "I didn't mean with you," she whispered.  "That was a little hypocritical of me to ask . . .  I'm sorry, but I really didn't mean with you, Darin.  There's nothing wrong with you."

          "There is something wrong with me, though," he said as he rocked on the balls of his feet, fidgeting with his hands.  Sighing, he shook his head and walked over to the work bench, pushed tools aside and hopping up on it.  He sat down and stared at the floor a little longer before her soft and shallow footsteps sounded. 

          "There's nothing wrong with you, okay?  Don't say that again," she whispered and leaned against his legs.  Looking up, he saw a tear escape from her eye and wiped it away with his thumb.  Then, she groaned and whispered to him, "I'm sorry . . . "

          "For what?" 

          "For being stupid and crying over something as little as this," she said, raising her eyebrows a little and sucking in a breath.  He chuckled a little and she looked up, catching the small, mocking happiness on his face.

          "You've been moody, lately . . .  It must be your time of the month," he joked while winking at her, causing her to sigh and look down, obviously not in the mood to mess around.  Darin shook his head and watched her for a moment before speaking softly.

          "But really . . .  You're sorry for caring, in other words?"  He asked. 

          "I guess," Haven whispered.

          "Hey?"  He said and she looked up at him, sorrow and pain now on her face.  He felt guilt blacken in his heart as he stared at her, seeing only what he thought he held inside, "It's okay, Haven.  I won't say it again, alright?  I promise." 

          "Thank you," she whispered and then everything around them fell silent.  The mood changed from a saddened one to a mellow kind of atmosphere fairly quickly.  It was calming, to say the least and eventually, Haven walked around the garage, kicking around a wrench that she saw laying on the floor. 

          "What do you know about cars?"  He asked her, catching her attention after making her jump before laughing a little, "Oh . . .  I'm sorry, Haven.  I didn't mean to startle you . . . " 

          "No, it's fine," she said with a small smile and awkward laugh.  He returned her grin with one of his own and watched as she knelt down, beginning to reassemble the engine.  He hopped down from the work bench and made his way to her side, kneeling down with her.