3.4 "Carry On My Wayward Son"

Start from the beginning

Sam "so the scarecrow in your play, is it a person or a prop?"

Marie "prop. And it's terrifying. We keep it in the boiler room"

Sam "that's great. okay, you guys read up. Just give us a second"

The boys and i walked to the shelves.

Sam "so this doesn't add up. Tulpas require a ton of psychic energy to juice up. It's not like the Supernatural books are tearing up the New York Times best-seller list. I seriously doubt this play is even sold out. "

Me "why would it? i mean, i think we all can agree on the fact that our lifes are pretty miserable"

Dean nodded "True"

Sam "but this flower. I know i've seen it in the lore somewhere. There's gotta be a connection"

Dean "you get on that. I'm gonna take a shot at Burning Man"

He looked at me "you coming?"

Me "Dean, the only things that scares me more than dolls are scarecrows"

Dean rolled his eyes "you're half demon, Elena"

I shook my head "doesn't make them any less scarier"

In the boiler room.

I stepped behind Dean when we stopped at he scarecrow. That thing was so ugly.

Dean grabbed the tongs that were on the table and offered it to Marie "you wanna pinata this asshat?"

Marie ""asshat"? nice. It's, uh, very Dean"

I looked at Dean who rolled his eyes annoyed.

Marie "No. He's all yours, Agent Smith"

Dean nodded and hit the scarecrow with the tongs and it flew to the side.

Then he threw it into the fire of the boiler room.

In the Library .

We walked back inside.

Dean "We came, we saw, we kicked it in the-"

Sam "It's not a Tulpa"

I asked shocked "what?"

Sam "it's not a Tulpa"

Dean "say it one more time but just a little bit more Arnold. "It's not a Tulpa.""

Sam "Dude, come on. It's Calliope"

Me "the goddess of epic poetry? The muse"

Maeve nodded "Yes"

Sam "she's associated with this. The Borage or Startflower. That's the picture"

He showed us a photo in the book.

Me "then why the scarecrow?"

Sam "According to the lore, Calliope manifests creatures from the stories she's turned into"

Marie "so the scarecrow is still alive. We burned my prop for nothing?"

Me "i would've burned that thing either way"

Maeve "the only way to destroy the scarecrow is to kill Calliope"

Sam nodded "Right. She uses these manifestions, like the scarecrow to inspire the author and protect them until their vision is realized. "

Me "then what?"

Sam "then she eats the author"

Marie nodded, shocked "okay. that's bad. well, you get your wish. Let's cancel the shot"