Chapter Twenty

"More abductions are reported." The captain sighed as he goes through some reports on his device. Lieutenant Anderson and Connor were together once more to work on it. "The case will be moved to the both of you, Reed is out of reach for some reason."

"What do you mean?" the RK800 asked.

"Officer Chen has been calling the Detective but he was not answering her calls and he's not even home." He answered. "If he doesn't show up within 24 hours, we'll gather a search party to find him."

"What's the latest report?" Hank asked the Police Captain.

"Apparently, one of the victims from the crazy lab Detective Reed and Nines went in was killed last night. Some officers are already at the scene, you two should check it out." Jeffrey continued. "Already sent the location in your terminals."

"Thank you, Captain." Connor said as both men left his office.

They walked back to their desks as Nines was sitting at Connor's. Hank sat back down as he looked at his computer screen. The location that the higher up sent was the Jericho headquarters.

"How the f*ck did Jericho was infiltrated easily?" The Police Lieutenant questioned. "You told me last time you fixed their security."

"I don't know, Hank." the android replied truthfully. "This must be a work of another android."

"Let's just check out the scene. We might gather some important info about what happened." the old man said as he stood up. He looked at Nines for a while. "Will you be alright if we leave you here?"

"Yeah, I can handle." Nines nodded.

Connor smiled softly. "Tina will look after you while we're gone. Don't leave the Police Station okay?"

"I won't go anywhere." the younger made a soft laugh. "I can't even walk around without help yet."

"Yeah, care to explain what you did last night?" Hank chuckled. "You sneaked out of your room to ransack the refrigerator."

"In my defense, I was starving." Nines laughed. "Dinner was not enough."

The lieutenant sighed loudly in disappointment. "You wiped out the whole fridge."

"It's just that one Cheeto bag!" the brunet defended himself.

"That one Cheeto bag was mine, asshole!" Hank talked back.

"Guys?" Connor sighed loudly. "Can we talk about this later?"

"We're not done yet, Nines." The old man followed the Android. "You owe me a lot."

"Let's just go Hank." The RK800 chuckled and dragged the lieutenant away. "See you later, Nines."

The brunet waved goodbye to the two as Officer Chen approached him. He looked at Tina and smiled softly. "Hi, Tina."

"Connor told me to look after you." She grinned. "Wanna grab something to eat? It's my treat."

"What if Connor and Hank find out I went out..?" He asked worriedly.

"Don't worry about it, I'll handle them later." The female officer said as she pushed Nines' wheelchair. "Remember that cafe across the street? I'm craving for a slice of their dark chocolate cake lately. ."

"I never tried to eat their cakes before.." Nines smiled. "They look too sweet for me."

"Fuck, you're missing out." Tina added. "You should try it."

"I-is that Gavin?" Nines pointed at the figure approaching the two.

"Hey, Gav!" Tina called out as the detective froze and saw them both. They walked up to him as he tensed up.

Red Turns Blue [Reed900] (Discontinued in this site)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara