Chapter Eighteen

The clock stroke 3 when a RK800 opened the digitally operated front door at ease. He slowly crept inside the dark apartment as he scans for entities. The male brunet smirked mischievously as he gets Gavin's presence inside the bedroom.

The android inside, locked his door. He knew that bastard will come after him sooner or later. Gavin is thinking of calling Tina or Connor, but for some reason his communications are suddenly out of coverage or cannot be reached. The detective cursed under his breath as he grips his gun tightly.

"I know you're here, Gavin.." the RK800-60 called out as he looks around the Reed residence. "Don't even try calling someone for help, I blocked your communications."

"Nice place you have here.... And a lot of cats.." he chuckled darkly. "Is the white one your favorite?" He looked down at the fluffy white cat who is sleeping peacefully.

Gavin panicked and got out of his room as he quickly pointed the gun at Connor's clone. "Don't you f*cking touch her-!"

"Finally, the rat came out of it's cave." The other android added. "Put the gun down, that's useless."

Detective Reed tried to shoot him on the head but his hand suddenly shifted to the other side missing the shot. Then without his control, he dropped his weapon.

"I told you it was useless." the RK800 proceeded to make Gavin bent down as he cuffed the male behind. "Just making sure if the master loses control. Don't even try resisting, or your incapable partner gets in trouble. You get it?"

"You little sh*t, what do you want from me?!" Gavin growled and once gained control over his body as he tries to get away from the cuffs. "You turned me into a plastic prick now, still not satisfied?!"

"Do you think our plan for you is finished?" The brunet laughed. "It's just the beginning. You have access to the police department, and that'll make things easier for us to move around."

The detective's eyes widen. He tried once again to dial for back up but unfortunately it was no use due to it was blocked.

The evil twin of Connor looked at his hand as it turned porcelain white. Gavin knew what will happen next, and he guessed it right.

Once the RK800-60 made contact with the former human, his vision turned black. He tried to shout for help but he couldn't as Gavin started to freeze. He felt his body slowly moved by itself, and the male can't fight it.

"Let's see what you can do.." Zlatko smirked as he runs a program at the detective's system. Making the man ripping the handcuffs out of his hand and standing up like a machine waiting for orders.

The other machine knew his job is done. So he proceeded to the door, leaving the now under controlled Android staring at him.

An objective popped in his vision that made the man walked out of his home, and grabbing his gun. And Gavin couldn't stop himself.

***

"Breaking news, an arrested suspect who is part of a few Android and human abductions was found dead after his transport to city jail was hijacked." The news anchor. "All five officers, including the suspect were unfortunately killed. "

Connor pushed the news reporters away as he enters the crime scene. Surprisingly Hank was there that made the Android worried.

"What are you doing here?!" The brunet exclaimed.

"Fowler called, don't worry Nines is with me." The lieutenant pointed at the direction where Tina and Nines are. "Chen is looking after him."

The RK800 sighed in relief. "What do we got?"

"All victims were shot in the head." The old man replied. "And no fingerprints was found."

Connor scanned the dead bodies including the suspect that Detective Reed and the former RK900 arrested. "The culprit wanted him dead."

"No sh*t ." Officer Miller approached the two. "Hey guys did Gavin called in yet?"

"No, not at all. Why?" Connor answered.

"Tina and I had been calling him since earlier and it was always sent to voicemail." The man added as he was worried for his workmate. "Gavin never misses a call before. "

The two policemen looked at each other. Anderson sighed loudly. "I'll pay a visit to him-" Hank was cut off when Detective Reed entered the crime scene, looking around the mess.

"What's up?" Gavin walked to the three. Connor felt something's off but he brushed it for a while thinking maybe the male was from a breakdown so he'll sure act weirdly.

"We've been calling you! Where the f*ck have you been?" Chris exclaimed. "You never miss a work related call!"

"Wait, you called?" Reed cocked his head.

"You know what, whatever.. At least you're here.." Hank but in.  "Cmon Connor, let's check the other bodies."

The gray haired man started to walk away as his Android followed him.

"Hank?" Connor called out the lieutenant's name to get his attention.

"What now, Connor?" Anderson looked at him. "If it's about why I brought Nines with me, can we talk abo-"

"Have you noticed Detective Reed's actions earlier?" The brunet cut him out.

"No why?"

"It's just off.. I don't seem to find out why, but I know something's off with him." The younger male replied.

"Maybe he was busy watching shit so he's like that. Don't worry too much, will you?" Hank sighed.

Detective Reed saw Tina who is looking out for Nines. He glanced at the taller brunet sitting on a wheelchair listening to Officer Chen talking about something.

A message suddenly popped out in his vision once more, but it was not a mission for him to obey. It was a threatening one.

[You tell anyone of this, Nines dies.]

-

--
A/N jeez sorry for taking so long,  it's hard to write when you literally don't know how the hell would you start it. 

I'll slowly try to finish this and give it a decent ending. I won't tell the full details on when this will end, but I'm currently drafting some future chapters to this and planning out how will I end this nicely.

Thank you for all your support and I hope you'll continue reading this until the very end.

See you next update!