Chapter Fourteen

"Let him in." Hank answered.

"Why? What if he just wants Reed to be a some kind of experiment if he saw this?" Chris questioned the lieutenant's decision.

"Just don't question your superior, Officer Miller." Ben turned to the old man and nodded.

"Yes, sir." Miller sighed and walked away.

"Kamski called me earlier. You knew right?" Hank turned to his fellow police officer.

"Yep, I'll make sure no one outside the rescue team will know Gavin's state right now until we got control of the situation." Ben replied. "And, now it makes sense why they look almost identical."

"No sh*t, sherlock." the gray haired man chuckled dryly.

The Officer led Kamski to where Detective Reed is. Elijah turned to the elder officers and he seemed to get what's in their minds. He looked at his brother sadly.

"He looks like in a bad shape." Kamski said and scanned his brother's android body. "My tools are back at my workshop and the Detective needs to be attended asap."

"We need all the help we can get." the police lieutenant added. "Make sure no one will know of this."

"Of course." He nodded. "And Lieutenant, if its okay with you. Can you accompany me? I think it'll be better if he wakes up and see a familiar face."

Hank agreed.

***

"You look sad." A six year old boy wearing a hospital gown with piercing blue eyes approached the RK800 sitting at the lobby. "What's the matter?"

"I'm just worried.." Connor replied. He took off his LED a few months ago, and people barely notice him as an android.

"You're the police officer that brought.. A man that looks exactly like you.." The brown haired boy titled his head. "What happened to him?"

"Its a long story." The android replied.

"You guys are twins right?" he asked again.

"Yeah, in a way."

The young boy sat beside him and looked curiously on the brunette.

"I was about to say that everything will be fine, but my dad said it'll be much better if you just listen to the person to talk about his problems." the unnamed child said.

"Your dad must've taught you well." The RK800 chuckled a little.

"Who's the oldest, you or your brother?" the young male asked.

"Me.. I guess."

"You know, I always wanted a baby brother.. But my mom died when she gave birth to me."

"Sorry about that.." the brunette responded sympathetically.

"Its fine, I'm not alone anyway.. I still have my Dad and our new puppy!" he answered happily

"Wait, why are you alone?" Connor realized the kid is just himself wandering around. "A kid like you shouldn't be running around in this place."

"I'm waiting for my dad!"  he replied cheerfully. "He said he'll be back in a minute."

Connor nodded. He looked around and sighed. The male glanced back at the kid who just swinging his legs back and fourth. "Are you hungry?"

"Not really.. But I want a chocolate.." the small brunette muttered. "The Hershey one to be exact.."

"Consider this your cheat day." The male smiled as the kid widen his eyes with glee.

Connor walked to the nearest vending machine and got a bar of the boy's desired chocolate. He also got himself a can of cold ice coffee from the other machine.

When he came back, the boy wearing a hospital gown disappeared. The RK800 looked around to try and find him. He didn't got the kid's name yet.

A nurse walked up to him holding a clipboard. "Are you Officer Anderson?" She asked. Hank let the android use his last name after the revolution so he won't be called Connor awkwardly all the time.

"Yes. I am.. How's my brother?" Connor asked.

"He's already on room 217.. The doctor will tell you the full details.." the woman replied and was about to walk away.

"Have you seen a brown-haired boy wearing a hospital gown wandering around here?" The brunette suddenly asked. He was still holding the chocolate bar.

The Nurse suddenly changed her expression from a calm and collected to a sad one.

"Was the boy asking for a specific chocolate bar?" She asked.

"Oh.. Yes, I was about to give him one but he disappeared. Maybe his dad took him?"

"Does he had piercing blue eyes?"

The android nodded. "What's wrong? Was he missing?"

"That boy, died three years ago from a car accident.." She answered sadly. "Our surgeon was high on red ice so we couldn't tend for the child.. His father survived but he didn't."

Connor was shocked. He remembered what happened to Hank's son, Cole and pieces started to came together.

"His spirit wanders around this hospital, asking people how are they. I also seen him multiple times, asking where his father is and asking for a specific bar of chocolate. Because that was his favorite." The nurse continued. She sighed and walked away.

Connor watched her walk away and sworn he saw the kid again looking at him in the end of the hallway, smiling.

The brunette smiled back and went to check on his brother, Nines.

***

The ride back to Kamski's mansion was dead silence. Gavin was laid at the back seat while Hank was sat on the passenger's beside the driver.

"Lieutenant.." Elijah broke the silence. "How'd you know?.."

"I'm one of the people who helped him get to the Academy.." The police lieutenant replied. "His a smart kid."

"I see.." the man focused back to driving.

"Elijah Kamski, not using a self- driving car.. That's new." Hank changed the topic suddenly.

"Not a fan of them.. Self-driving cars caused more accidents than a normal one." Elijah replied.

"Couldn't disagree.." The old man nodded.

"We're here.." the man with the man bun added as he parked to his modern mansion standing in the middle of nowhere.

--
A/N jeez never wrote almost a thousand words in forever..

Got side tracked, but will be back to actual Reed900 shit in following chapters.