Chapter Seven

A/N Just imagine androids can eat and drink, so don't comment shit okay? So sHhhhHh

------------------------------------------------------

Days had passed by, investigation is still in progress. More and more were abducted.

As for the two, no sleep. Well, most of them are.

Once again, Detective Reed was finishing his 11th cup of coffee. He thinks the caffeine doesn't effect him anymore because as hours gone by, he gets more tired.

For the human detective's android partner, he's quite exhausted as well. The machine never had went to stasis or sleep mode to recharge. So he's been running on low battery all week.

Gavin took a deep breath and one last look at his computer screen.

"I'll work on this at home." He said as he stood up, grabbing his keys and phone.

"See you tomorrow, detective." Nines added with a tired tune.

"Uhm. Get some charge, tin can. You look like sh*t." The man took his car keys, wallet, and phone then left.

***

It's already 5:30 am. The detective never actually slept. He can't doze off while a case was on going.

So he just sat on his office all night working on his case. Gavin sighed heavily as he stares at the computer screen.

"Jeez, what a night." He talked to himself. Suddenly his white furry cat jumped in Gavin's lap. The man sighed happily and started petting her. "Hey there, sweetheart.."

The cat purred happily with the attention she's getting.

***

"Connor?" The RK900 walked to the RK800's room and knocked.

Hank made sure to give them separate rooms when both lived with him. He didn't want to hear arguments between them having no privacy and sh*t.

Nines knocked again. He noticed the door was unlock.

"Connor came home late last night." The old man walked pass the tall android. "And the prick was drunk."

"Drunk? How? You said it yourself, my predecessor would not drink a drop of that beverage." Nines seemed so confused on why would Connor do that.

"Something was up.." Hank sighed. "I just let him rest, he looked so tired.. Of everything."

"I see.."

"Just check on him, I'll prepare breakfast.." The old man took a deep breath. "I'm worried."

"Same here, Lieutenant." Nines muttered as Hank walks to the kitchen.

The door was unlocked, and the RK800 isn't answering it. So the tall brunette with silver gray eyes opened the wooden door.

Connor was still fast asleep. His predecessor is gonna have a terrible hangover. So he walked over him and tried waking him up.

"Connor? Its time to wake up.." Nines slowly nudged the android.

"F-f*ck off.." The smaller android groaned annoyingly as he shifted to the other side.

"Connor, I swear to RA9." Nines sighed.

The RK800 stayed quiet. With a pounding headache, he sat up lazily and looked down.

"What's wrong? You're not like this.." Nines grew concerned.

"Like what?" The RK800 replied annoyingly. "I'm fine-"

"You were drinking last night, which you don't do. You're not fine, what's wrong?" Nines asked once more with a slight raise of his voice.

"I-I.." Connor stuttered and held his head down. "I was not thinking straight."

"Something's up, I can see it." The RK900 soften his voice. "You can open up to me.. It's fine."

"I thought the alcohol would help." The smaller brunette chuckled dryly. "I've been experiencing strange emotions for the past few weeks."

"What kind?" Nines asked.

"I felt down.. And there were times I don't want to go to work.. It was like I don't have the motivation to do anything." The RK800 explained. "I even forgot to walk Sumo multiple times now."

"When was the last time you got a day off?"

"Never had one.. Ever since I started working after the revolution."

"Get some rest, I'll call the captain you'll be off for the day." Nines stood up and patted Connor's back. "You need it."

The RK800 slowly nodded and sighed loudly.

"And, if something is wrong.. Please don't hesitate to talk to me?" The RK900 added. "As Hank told us.."

"Don't follow his footsteps." Connor continued. "I know, I was stupid."

"I sound the older one now." The tall android joked. "You should be the one nagging me."

"Sorry, your big brother made an oopsie last night." He laughed.

"The same big bro that told me to bring food to a sewer rat."

"Oh yeah, how's between you two?" Connor was now curious about the two's 'relationship'.

"Its okay I guess.. Detective Reed has been warming up to me little by little." Nines answered.

"Like how?"

"He's not that much of a dick now."

"Really?" The RK800 scoffed.

"He even told me last night to take some rest before he walked away." The android blushed a little.

"You're blushing." Connor teased.

"No I'm not!" Nines looked away.

"You're starting to like him, I can see it."

"I. Don't. Like. Him."

"Don't be so in denial.." The RK800 crossed his arms. "You'll realize it sooner or later."

"That what?" The gray eyed android frowned.

"You like him."

"Are you guys gonna eat breakfast or what?!" Hank shouted across the home.

"We're coming." The RK brothers said in unison.