Chapter Thirteen

"Search the area!" Hank commanded the other group of police officers as all of them took their guns out. "Don't miss a single spot!"

"You're with me, Connor. I don't want another tin can getting abducted or something." The lieutenant continued and took his pistol out. The RK800 just nodded and followed the old man.

"They had surrounded us!" one of the scientist panicked and ran to the RK800 android. "Do something you little shit!"

"Calm down, Doctor." Another male walked to them. He looks old with his untamed beard, long brown messy hair and tired eyes.
"You better have a plan, Zlatko." The doctor hissed.

"60, show them the escape hatch." the old man commanded as the android nodded.

"What about the two subjects?" The Connor look-alike asked.

"Leave them be. They're not of use, yet." he replied. The group, including the machine ran out of the small room.

Connor scanned the eery hallway before Hank went in. Some light blinks from on to off, and multiple metal doors left and right. Both police officers searched every room and its just storage.

One door stand out from the rest. It was full shut and a blurry glass window was covered with something. The lieutenant narrowed his brows and budged the piece of metal open. The brunette heard the opening sounds and pointed his flashlight inside.

When it was fully opened, they saw the inside. It was filled with piling up human cadavers. Some are even days old, and even rotting. The strong smell escaped and it was disgusting.

"Holy sh*t-" Hank looked away and tried not to gag.

Connor seemed to be calm even if he is also wanted to get out of the room. He scanned the pile as he widen his eyes and saw someone or something that made him anxious.

"Nines!" The RK800 dashed to a pale naked body that resembled his upgraded version. He quickly  took off his jacket and carried him away from the pile, making sure the unconscious RK900 was covered.  He anxiously checked to see if the male is fine

Hank radioed everyone that they found the missing android.

While the brunette was checking Nines, he froze. Connor checked him once more and realized he has a pulse.

"Connor, what's wrong? Is he alive?" The lieutenant looked at his partner.

"He has a pulse." the RK800 turned to the old man. "Androids don't have one."

***

"Got it, Lieutenant." Officer Chen got the update as she was taking a left from another corridor. The lady turned to her fellow workmate, Officer Miller.

"Nines had been found." Chris stated.

"Yeah." Tina added. "Let's find Gavin, he might be here somewhere in those rooms."

Its the identical hallway. Broken lights, eery surroundings, and metal doors. Another metal door with a covered glass window was found.

"That smell.. Its.."

"Thirium." Tina continued.

Both officers opened the door, and the scent was even more stronger.

"Ugh, its even more worst-" Miller covered his nose as Chen did the same.

She checked every part of the room. It was filled with deactivated androids and spare parts. Blue blood littered the floor.

"Tina look!" Chris ran to a pile of android bodies and saw a familiar face.

"Gav!" the woman pushed away some of the droids and dragged the detective out of it.

"What the f*ck.." Chris muttered and noticed half of Gavin's body.

It was pale white, like an android.

"Lieutenant, we found Detective Reed."  the male updated Hank from his ear piece. "We don't know if he's alive.. But I think we need someone to boot him up."

***

"Where's Connor?" Ben asked the lieutenant.

"He's with Nines in the hospital." Hank replied.

"Heard the report, how the f*ck did this happened?" his workmate looked at Gavin's unconscious state lying on the infirmary bed.

"It's still unanswered." He continued. "What sorcery is this...?"

Chris approached the two. "A man suddenly came barging in and finding Reed's whereabouts. He said he saw the news."

"Who?" Hank cocked his head thinking maybe some nosy civilian that wanted information about the case.

"Its Cyberlife's former CEO, Elijah Kamski."

--
A/N
Do you guys like the new cover? For me it's much better now-