Chapter Six

"We're here to ask you a few questions and that's it. Understood?" Gavin brushed him off trying to remain professional.

"Yes, of course.." Elijah chuckled. "About the abductions, am I right?"

Nines nodded in return. Cyberlife's former founder sighed loudly.

"It has been a problem of Cyberlife for quite a long time now." Kamski added. "Even before I left. But we didn't made a full investigation on that, yet.."

"I see." Nines nodded. "Do you have any person of interest?"

"Unfortunately none.." Elijah shrugged. "But I was sure they're from a large group."

"I understand." The RK900 replied. "Thank you for your time."

Elijah grinned as the Android goes out. Gavin was trailing from behind.

"Detective Reed?" The man suddenly spoke as the detective looks back and frowned.

"What?" He grumbled.

"May I have a word?" Kamski asked. It made Gavin a bit nervous. Going here with Nines was a total mistake, a regret. He knows this will happen eventually. Bad move, Reed.

"Sure.. Make it quick.." The detective nodded and gestured to the android to wait for him in the car. Which the machine obeyed and went out.

"What do you want now?" The smaller man asked as he crossed his arms.

"You haven't read the news, did you?" Elijah sighed loudly.

"I don't read articles with the word 'Kamski' on it." Gavin replied.

"Elisha-"

"Don't call me that name, you got it?"

"You can't outrun your past, Elisha Kamski." He said. Gavin felt like he was just stabbed in the chest.

"If you will just nag me and my decisions, I should go-"

"Father is dying.." Elijah finally opened up. "He wants to see you before.. He-"

"After all that bastard had done to me?" The detective flared up. "You don't know what happened, Eli."

"But that won't change a thing, he is still your father!"

"Your father! Don't you remember? He f*cking disowned me!" He snapped. His voice rang throughout the place. "Just for what? Not living up to his expectations?!"

"He was not himself that time." Elijah replied. "You know that!"

"That's always his excuse, I'm sick and tired of it." Gavin spat.

"Can you at least give him a chance?" Elijah pleaded. "One last time?"

"I don't want to go back to that life, again." He replied. "People expect so much from you, because what? Oh, Right! I have the Kamski name! You need to be prim and f*cking proper, being dad's little trophy in front of his rich guests."

"That's not what I meant, Elisha-"

"Its Gavin f*cking Reed." He growled and started to walk out of the place.

"Eli- I mean Gav.." Elijah sighed loudly and made a sad expression. The detective stopped midway. "You still have my number right?"

"I needed a filler for my contact list." The detective mumbled.

"Please contact me from time to time, okay?" He smiled sadly. "I want to keep in touch."

"I'll try." Gavin walked out. Even if him and their father never had a good relationship, he and Elijah had been close since kids. Even if both had different mothers.

The RK900 waited at the detective's vehicle for more than 30 minutes. He was sure he heard shouting inside the Kamski residence.

Nines finally sighed in relief when he saw his human partner walking out and approaching the car.

"Are you okay, detective?" The android asked as he noticed the human's stress levels are over than normal.

"Just get in the f*cking car." Gavin said angrily as he walks to the driver's side.

***

The car ride was dead silent. But Nines can feel something is wrong with Gavin.

"Detective?" The android asked.

"What?" The human asked. He still has the angry tune.

"Base in your stress levels, something is wrong." The RK900 scanned him once more. "Did you got into an argument with Mr. Kamski earlier?"

"None of your phcking business." He replied and continued to focus on the road.

---
A/N what do you think happens next? Find out in the next episode of Dragon Ball Z-