"When is everyone gonna get here?"  Damien sighed.

"Soon,"  I answered, bracing unintentionally as Damien pushed me again. 

"How many detentions did you get?"  I asked him. 

"Three,"  Damien grumbled.  "Jackson only got one.  Cause ya know, I'm the creepy new kid.  He's the star athlete with rich parents."

"Damn,"  I breathed.  "That sucks."

"Yeah, this place sucks,"

"Oh there's Remy and Emile,"  I pointed off into the distance.  Trailing slowly behind them was an obviously wary Quinn.

Damien stopped the swing so I was just sitting there.  Remy leaned against the swing set, being blatantly protective of Emile by wrapping an arm around Emile's waist and keeping him pressed against his chest. 

He glared at Quinn who seemed to be shrinking under Remy's gaze.  It was kind of awkward, and by that I mean a lot.

Then Roman showed up with an energetic Patton and obviously bored Logan in tow.

"The Prince has arrived!"  Roman declared dramatically. 

"Oh yes, the arrogant prince has graced us with his presence,"  Damien said sarcastically.  "Amazing."

Roman scoffed, putting a hand on his chest in offense.  The two glared at each other, seeming to be sizing each other up and trying to intimidate the other. 

"Well, how about we stop fighting,"  Patton said, stepping between Damien and Roman. 

"So Quinn,"  Emile said awkwardly.  "How are you?"

"Oh...uh...I'm fine,"  He mumbled, looking down at his feet.  His one hand fiddled with the hem of his black sweater.  The holes in the bottom of his sweater suddenly made sense. 

"You have a boyfriend named Evan, correct?"  Logan questioned.

"Yeah,"  Quinn answered, still not looking up.  But a soft smile graced his face.  "He's amazing."

"What about you?"  Asked Roman.  "What are you like?"

"Well what do you wanna know?"  He asked softly.  Damien glared at all of us.  Silently communicating to not say anything about his dad.

"What bands do you like?"  I asked, before anyone could ask the question. 

"Oh, uh, I like Twenty Øne Piløts a lot,"  He mumbled.  "Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Panic! At The Disco, Fall Out Boy.  Basically just all the stereotypical emo bands."

"Fuck yes,"  I said.  "What's your favorite Twenty Øne Piløts song?"

"Polarize,"  He answered.  I gave him an approving nod, noticing how he seemed to relax a bit.

"When do we get to meet Evan?"  Patton asked, excited to make a new friend. 

"Well, school just ended for him,"  Quinn said, glancing at his phone.  "So pretty soon."

"But it's past 4!"  Roman gasped.  "How is school just now ending for him?"

"He goes to Abbot High,"  Quinn answered.  "It's a super prestigious, catholic, rich, private school."

"Isn't Abbot High the old gay reformatory house?"  Logan asked. 

"Yeah, it's a school now."  Quinn mumbled. 

We all jumped, Quinn the most, when his phone buzzed. The way his hands started shaking more and how his face paled made my anxiety rise.

"What's wrong?" Damien asked.

"Evan's on his way," Quinn mumbled. "He said something happened at school."

No one really knew what to say. We didn't know Evan. We didn't care too much.

"There he is," Quinn breathed, the smile returning to his face. We all turned to see a boy emerge from the woods.

And we all instantly, regardless of relationship status, had a gay panic. We were all blushing and couldn't form coherent thoughts.

Because god damn is Evan fucking beautiful.

He was small and almost petite. He had soft fragile features. Vibrant green eyes that went well with the soft freckles he had. He had ash brown wavy hair that framed his face perfectly.

He had on light khaki pants and a green polo with the school insignia on the upper right corner. He had a grey cardigan on, which also had the school insignia on the upper right corner. This must be his uniform from school.

He's fucking beautiful. And I'm sure he's look more beautiful if there wasn't blood pouring from his nose.