Chapter 20 - Washing the worries away

He was back on his feet and hunting for food again the day after. I decided to alter the skirt into a wedding dress that day. I braided a belt out of vines, to put around my middle to keep the skirt up. I also braided a crown for my hair. After a long day of sewing and hunting, we walked to the waterfall together to take a bath before our big wedding day.

We got into the water, naked while the full moon provided enough light to clearly see each other.

"It's tradition for the groom and bride to not see each other until the wedding." Alvaro said and floated backwards onto his back.

"It's not like that anymore, but I still think it's super romantic." I commented on his statement.

I went under the water so my hair could get wet. Alvaro fetched a few Jasmine flowers and crushed them between his hands to extract the oil. He rubbed it into my hair for a few minutes before I rinsed it again. Alvaro threw his arms around me and pulled me backwards into the water while holding me tightly against his chest. He kissed my earlobes and whispered into my ear that he loved me and that I was the prettiest girl on the whole island. I jokingly pushed him backwards because of the fact that I was the only girl on the island.

"Hey! Valencia is here as well but I will be trying not to cross paths with her anytime soon." He said to defend himself.

I laughed at his silly joke and swam closer to him again. I wrapped my legs around his waist and rested my head on his shoulder.

"I love being with you, Alvaro. You truly gave me peace and If the world doesn't let me keep you with me, my life had still change for the better and I thank you for that." I said and felt a warm emotional tear escape my body. My mind was relieved that he was all right. I don't know what I would do alone on the island if I must lose him.

He held me tight and gave me a few hugs after one another. He was so gentle not to hurt me.

After we were done bathing, he picked me up bridal style and carried me out of the water. The mud was really thick at the shallow end of the water and the weight made it harder to walk onto. I grabbed tighter onto his shoulders as he sank deeper inside the mud with every step towards the edge. He slowed down until he almost stood still in one place, struggling to move his feet from being caught in the deep mud.

"Wait, put me down so I can walk on my own. The weight is making it impossible to move." I said and wiggled my body so he would set me down into the water.

"No, I can carry my wife out the water." He said and lifted me to get a better grip on my body.

"I'm not your wife yet and you are going to let us fall in the..." I haven't finished my sentence yet when he lifted his foot one last time before he lost his balance and we both fell down on the dry ground next to the water. He fell on top of me and I covered my face with my arms to prevent his head from hitting mine. A few seconds past and I slowly took my arms away from my face. Two very guilty hazel eyes and a flushed face stared back at me. His hands were pinned onto the ground next to my head and his muscles stood like mountains, inches from my face.

"I have already fallen for you on the beach. You didn't have to take me with you while eventually falling for me." I joked with him with a serious expression.

"I just made sure you really have fallen for me." He said and gave me a naughty smile while winking at me. He brushed himself off after jumping to his feet and helping me up. My back was covered in grass and sand so I had to go into the water again to rinse myself off. He dressed himself and sat on the ground while waiting for me to finish. I dressed myself as well and dried out my hair with my hands.