Again, he didn't answer.

    I glanced at the driveway and saw his car sitting there, so he had to be home. I turned back to the door and began ringing the doorbell in between pounding on the wood.

    "Indigo! I know you're in there! Just answer the fucking door!" I slammed my foot down in frustration. I didn't understand why he was avoiding me.

    I stood on my tiptoes to peer through the glass at the top of the door. I couldn't see anything at first but after letting my eyes adjust for a second I could see something moving deep in the house. That little bitch! He was deliberately ignoring me!

    For a second, I thought about ignoring this whole interaction and going home like a mature adult but then I thought - fuck it, since when have I ever acted like a mature adult?
    I raced down the slick stairs and around the side of the house to the gate. Slipping past it, I raced through the yard, the garden crackling and twisting behind me, until I came to the sliding glass door. I tried the handle but it was locked.

    I growled in frustration and slammed my foot down again. I pounded on the glass door.

    "Indigo! Answer the fucking door!"

    Deep in the house, I saw his retreating form.

    Maybe it was my encounter with Sheriff Buchanan. Maybe it was the fact that I was tired of uncovering all these secrets about my family. Maybe it was just because I expected more from Indigo, that I valued our relationship more than the others in my life. Whatever the reason a rage unlike any I had felt before filled me.

    It started low in my belly, like a coil of live wires sparking against each other. It built higher and higher in my chest until I felt it exploding out of my pores, burning cells in its wake. I felt like Vesuvius and Katrina and Chernobyl and every other destructive force being unleashed. The feeling grew hotter and hotter in my chest, rattling through me, contorting my body this way and that way, until I arched my back and let out an inhuman scream that felt ripped from the depths of me.

    There was a moment of silence then everything exploded. I don't know what was louder, my screaming or the storm.

    The vines of the roses all whipped around me, ripping themselves from their trellises and the wall of the house with a terrifying snapping sound. The trees in the yard uprooted themselves, spraying clumps of dirt and stones every which way. Even the weeds that grew in between the stones of the patio twisted and grew around my ankles, snaking their way up my limbs. Together, all at once, they converged forward towards the glass door, slamming against it with neck-breaking speed.

    Boom!

    The glass exploded into thousands of tiny shards, imploding inward, creating a vacuum that allowed in the wind and rain. It flooded inwards spraying the tile floor of the kitchen with water and debris.

    I panted for a long second. Unlike the last time, the power didn't immediately leave me. I felt it still there, deep in my belly. I felt something crawling along my legs.

    I glanced down and saw the weeds, winding their way around me. They coiled up my arms, tangling themselves around my neck until they got ensnared in my hair. I took a second to awe at the raw power I was currently directing before Indigo distracted me.

    "What the fuck!?" he shouted from somewhere deep in the house.

    I ripped the vines off my body, uncaring about the patches of skin they took off with them. Blood welled in the sores they left, but I couldn't feel them. I was too angry.