Caspian

I gasped for breath and slammed my hand onto a nearby trees. I pressed as much of my ever growing weight as I could off of me and onto the old pine. I turned back around and could still see where I had woke up slightly more than a mile away.

"A mile," I said out loud, "Huh. That's a new," gasp, "record." I smiled slightly as I continued to try to catch my breath.

"Alright Maria," I said to myself again, "let's get moving."

I lifted my right foot and brought it down on the ground. The tree tilted and I was nudged off the tree and back onto my feet. I winced as pins and needles shot up my feet and through my legs. I continued to march on, looking for Peter. He couldn't have gone far.

***********************************

He had obviously gone farther than I thought. It was about 6:30 now, and the sun had gotten brighter. Each step was slamming daggers into my bones and I felt like a was walking on broken glass. I was panting and I could feel the sweat dripping off my forehead. I had thought about turning back, but my vision had blurred and I couldn't even see where back was.

"Peter!" I called, then I realized I didn't call anything. I had barely spoken above a whisper. "Peter!!" I tried again, but nothing. I sounded like I was only speaking his name, but with a voice that sounded like I had been smoking for fifty years.

"Ah!" I cried out as my foot caught a rock and my body slammed onto the black soil. My walking stick flew from my hand and I just lay there. I just needed to close my eyes for a minute...

"Maria?" a voice called through the haze. I dragged my hand slowly along the dirt and used it to help me lift my heavy head. I found a small dark blue gem in the haze of yellow glow. The entire object slowly came into focus and I found I was not looking at not a gem, but the sapphire eyes of Peter. Then the entire shape blurred again, and I let my head fall back to the dirt.

**************************

Peter's Pov

"Maria?" I said, pulling her into my lap and shaking her shoulders. I cant believe she followed me. I thought she said they were to weak to walk the fist day after the weird-energy-moon-thing! I wasn't going to be gone for long.

"Maria?" I asked again shaking her shoulders again.

Her eyes fluttered.

*********************************

Maria POV

"Hey," I whispered, smiling slightly. He smiled and sighed at me.

"Why did you follow me?" he asked, "No rephrase, how did you follow me?"

I looked around a little, then my eyes found my walking stick. I smiled at him and pointed over to it. His eyes followed to where I was pointing, then he smiled. He set my head down gently, then he walked a few yards over to it and stooped down to pick it up.

My head perked up. I heard something. I fought to turn my head around. A Minotaur, on a path not far from mine, was walking through the wood. I turned my head to Peter and found he was walking back to me. I tried not to move to much, so the Minotaur might just miss me. I flinched as a hand was placed over my mouth, but relaxed when I saw it was Peter. He put a finger to his lips and drew his sword.

He had taken not even two steps when a boy barreled into him with a battle cry. I watched with wide eyes as Peter and the boy fought, thrusting, parrying, swinging. Peter was able to punch the boy in the face and then managed to hit the boys sword. The sword flew from the boys hand and Peter swung, but Peters sword landed onto a large oak, leaving the sword lodged in the wood. The boy kicked Peter down to the ground and grabbed the sword in the tree. He strained, then yanked it from the trunk. He began to swing towards Peter, who had no weapon. I acted instantly, punching the boy in the thigh with as much strength as I could muster. He reached down and grabbed me by the hair, yanking me up. I cried out as my hair was ruthlessly pulled, but was silent as he placed the blade against my throat. Peter had grabbed a large rock and was about to bring it down on the boy-