Ten

"Your adorable." Ryan commented, glancing at me. He was grinning ear to ear, and laced our fingers together. I leaned into his side, and breathed, completely content.

"Your not bad yourself, Mendez." I listened to his light chuckle, as we continued to walk down an old dirt path. The only thing I felt was pure bliss, dispite the cool weather. I would do this forever if I could.

We had parked a few miles back. Ryan had told me that we really didn't need to shift. At least, I talked him out of it. I could tell he was a little bummed but I didn't want to embarrass myself. I guess he understood. I don't know.

The trees were orange because of the sun setting. Funny, we'd been out all day long, just walking. Id never complain about being around Ryan. The small talk we made, made everything worth it. Every cold breath, and every single step.

"Not bad?" He joked. "I don't think you've ever seen someone as handsome as me." I rolled my eyes and tried to cover my smile. "You've got a point."

I stopped abruptly, and threw my arms around his neck. My lips lightly touched his and his arms instantly wrapped around my waist. My lips lingered on his for a brief moment before I pressed my head into his chest.

It's crazy. Four weeks ago I never thought that I would find a mate, or be happy. I never even thought I'd be alive now. Things happened so fast, but I wouldn't change them for the world.

His hands fell lower, and I sucked in a deep breath. My eyes closed and I felt my heart almost leap from my chest.

"16." I muttered, not even noticing. I was thinking aloud. "What?" He replied, without saying another word. "When I was 16, I thought about ending my life, what if I did? You wouldn't have found me and-" his lips touched mine, and I squeezed my eyes shut.

"I wouldn't be happy." He finished. His grip on me tightened and I managed to hide my tears. I wasn't going to break down, not at this moment. He took me out here to, I don't know, but not a full on break down from me.

"It's cold out here." I commented like it wasn't obvious. I simply nodded. "Yeah, let's go warm up in the car." My voice was a little hinting, and I heard him chuckle.

"No, no, no. I don't want to hurt you, and your not losing it in my car, as much as I'd like to-" he paused, and leaned closer to my ear, "that is something special. I'll surprise you- I promise." He smirked.

"Or you don't have to surprise me." I muttered.

"I don't want to hurt you, Taylor.." He said so softly it was almost too hard to hear. It's not going to hurt any worse than what I've already felt. I thought to myself.

"I want you Ryan." I whined. "You've already claimed me. Like you said, I'm yours." I closed my eyes tighter and I felt him sigh.

"Okay Taylor, just...brace yourself. But were not doing it in my car." He smirked as I pulled away.

I wanted to show him I was this adorable, innocent 18 year old. I wanted all of him, and with his mark on me, he's claiming what is his. He should finally treat me like it, and not some middle school love story.

--

"Are you sure?" He asked, pressing his lips to mine quickly. He pushed open the front door to the house, and stared around. As I guessed, the house was packed. I mean, it's a Wednesday.

I simply nodded. He pressed his back against the counter, and pressed his lips to mine again. My heart pounded.

"Positive?" I guess me telling him yes for a hundred times means I'm still not sure. He's only looking out for me and making sure I'm ready, but it's annoying. I kissed his bottom lip and rolled my eyes.