32

I'm so done with this story fml. I'm trying to finish but I just don't know what to write anymore :/

x

I went to visit Gloria a few hours later, to check up on her and talk to her about anything and everything. When I arrive outside of the hospital door, Anne, Ava, and another older looking man were standing just inside the door way. I would have hit them with it if they didn't smell me coming.

The room smelt of antibodies and cleaning supplies to keep the room sanitized. Gloria's face was nearly hidden by a huge bouquet of balloons placed at the foot of her bed. I glanced down at my rather large bouquet of flowers, but it was nothing like how big the balloons were.

She turned to me and grinned wildly. I hadn't even spoken to her at all since before Ryan had proposed. I've really been in the dark, I reminded myself. I needed to get out more.

"Hey-" I said, smiling. Her eyes shone like diamonds. She had noticeably gotten paler since I last saw her, but other than that her sickness was undetectable. She threw her arms out and pulled me into a hug as soon as I was close enough.

"I can't believe he actually did it!" She exclaimed, clasping both her hands around my left one. Her eyes scanned over my ring finger, and the grin only grew wider. It was making me embarrassed by how much she was googling over it.

"Did you find the perfect dress? Who are your bridesmaids? What kind of roses? Can I go the bachorlette party? Are you guys expecting?" I tried to ignore her very last question. I have come to terms that no one other than Anne, because she's a doctor, knows about the miscarriage. Even his own mom was clueless.

"I don't know." I said. I tried to answer all her questions with one statement. I didn't know what to say or how to react. I wasn't too good at being a strong person when everyone else around me has so much weight on my shoulders.

" so, how have are you doing?" I asked, trying to change the subject. She blinked, and shook her head a small smile still on her lips.

"Sick, but I'm fine, really." She assured. I scanned her face for some sort of fault but there wasn't anything there. She was happy. How could she be so happy, but yet lying on a hospital bed?

I opened my mouth to say something, but was cut off by Aiden crying, and Gloria piping up, "let me hold the kid!" She drawled out. I turned to see Ava roll her eyes, and walk over to her mother.

"Hey Gloria?" I said. She hummed in response, showing I had her attention. I really appreciated it.

"Listen, I've got to get going- okay?"

"Love you." She said, looking at me.

"love you too." I replied, then slid past everyone and out the door. A heaviness was lifted from my shoulders as soon as the door clicked behind me.

x

I don't consider this a chapter but it's a filler for my absense. I'm so sorry I will make it up to you.