Two

I leaned against the head board and listened to it creek. I had a very fuzzy memory of what had happened within the last few hours. My fingers twitched, as my eyes scanned every last inch of the room.

I wished that I had woken up, and have all of this as just some twisted dream. Have my mother and father laughing down stairs, and have Sarah singing along to one direction on the radio.

Instead- I could only hear my beating heart, and my uncalm breathing. I could hardly fit the pieces together.

My head shot towards the door as it creaked open, and a small red head walked inside. A smile clearly plastered on her face once she saw me.

"How are you feeling?" She carefully made her way to my bedside, and I watched as the bed sunk in as she sat on the edge. I blinked, and stared blankly at the woman.

Rather irritated, she softly plopped a black v-neck t-shirt and some yoga shorts on the blankets. "Ryan thought you might want to take a shower, and I could make you something to eat?" Her smile spread again.

I nodded, and raised my hand to my face with a struggle. Before I could wipe the hair from my face- she did it for me.

"I'm Rayanne, but my friends call me Anne. I'll give you some privacy- but please come speak to me. I'd love to meet you...properly.."

She sat there for a minute for a response, but gave up after a few seconds. Standing to her feet she turned on her heels and walked out shutting the door behind her.

I stood to my feet, almost wanting to smile because I hadn't walked in so long. My legs wobbled to the door Anna had walked out of and I locked it. Then i turned to another closed door- the closet was on the other side of the room, I already stared inside of it.

I cringed at my appearance as I flicked on the light. My hair was beyond greasy with dirt and blood dried into it. My face was beaten up with dirt all over me- not to mention the bust on the edge of my lips. My cheeks were stained with tears that had defiantly dried out my skin.

After awhile of twisting nobs on the shower, I finally figured out how to work it. Gaining the right temperature I climbed in and gave a relieved sigh.

The cool water beat against my skin, and a smile appeared on my lips. My tongue escaped my mouth to catch a few drops of water, and it was the best feeling in the world. I took my time washing the pain and dirt from my body.

A shower is the first step towards becoming me again, although I will never be myself again. I mean, who wouldn't.

I climbed out of the shower, and began putting on my clean clothes. Luckily, Anna had folded a pair of under wear inside along with a bra that was almost too small, but it would have to work for now.

I struggled pulling the tee shirt over my head, and ran a brush through my hair.

I headed towards the bedroom door- then I paused. Slowly turning I took in everything that I had missed. The smell, the view, and the picture sitting next to the television.

I swallowed and stared at the picture. Two little boys were playing soccer outside, both seemed so familiar. I knew them from somewhere- it's on the tip of my tongue.

A knock on the door startled me. "Hello....? It's Anna, you ready?" Unlocking the door, the friendly redhead smiled. I gave her a weak smile back.

"What's your name doll?" She asked, she stopped walking and turned to face me.

"Tay-" I paused and cleared my throat, "Taylor."

"Taylor. Pretty name, nice to meet you. I'm very happy you are with us, and I'm very happy for Ryan as well. I'm sure you do not know anything I'm talking about correct?"

I nodded.

"Well, I'll inform you over lunch."

Taking two flights of stairs, rounding two corners and going through at least four different game rooms we stepped into a kitchen.

She smiled and began slapping some meat and cheese onto bread. It didn't take long for her to finish the turkey dam which filled with cheese, tomatoes, onions, lettuce and some mayo. To be honest, once I took a bite there wasn't any stopping me.

Anna took a bite before speaking.

"This," she expanded her arms talking about the entire place, "this is the Silver Moon's pack house. You my dear, you are very lucky to be here. Although this pack has had very Bad stories told there's nothing to be afraid of. They save captured packs, and take them in. Very protective. Anyways, the alpha is Jace. He will be stepping down very soon for Ryan to become alpha. When Ryan gets back he has some explaining to do- but I'll leave that to him." She paused to catch her breath. I don't know how the girl can talk so much.

"What makes you think I'm staying?" I didn't mean for the question to come out as blunt as it did, but I couldn't take it back.

Anne shook her head quietly, "why would you even want to leave? This pack protects one another we-"

"I have no need for a pack, so what- those guys rescued me and now I'm part of this pack, no option?" My wolf was at bay, but she did agree with some of the things I was saying.

"No! I just assumed..." Anne began but I cut her off for the millionth time. I did want to be set free, but I did not want to become a part of anything ever again. I didn't know what I wanted- but a pack wasn't it. They were not there for me last time- and they won't be this time.

They're all the same. They make up some bull-shit lie about sticking together but when danger comes? You run like a bitch.

"Assumed what? That I'd stay here and feel captive again? Anne!" I yelled, two men entered the room and I sunk back towards her.

"It's like the last rouges. They stole me away from someone else- I. You-" I shivered, and stumbled backwards into a chair- falling onto my butt.

The two men began to laugh, I quickly stood to my feet. If they were going to come after me, I would be ready this time. I would kill them.

Instead, they stood there laughing. Dirt was all on their face, and the two looked like brothers. Standing there I growled.

"Taylor, I thought you would want to stay because Ryan is here."

I scoffed at the idea.

"How can I trust a mate if I can't even trust myself? I-" I sighed. I never once took my eye off those men.

Although Anne had reassured me several times that they were pack members, I was still afraid. Every move they made caused me to flinch.

"What's wrong with your eye?" One of the boys scoffed, leaning against one of the walls. I shot him a glare and he began to speak of herpes or something.

"Shut up, Matt." Anne growled through gritted teeth.

"Or what? I'll get herpes?" He threw his head back laughing, and I growled.

Anne flinched when I drew my arm back, and slammed my fist into his chest. I recoiled at the new feeling, and he hissed. "Bitch."

"Taylor." She grabbed my arm yanking me backwards. "It's not even worth it."

I was in a rush to finish the part of this chapter I didn't get to. I'm sorry it a pos but I'll make it up to you guys in the next chapter (:
So sorry!

Ohh Taylor's already getting a little snappy, will this be a good or bad thing? Dun dun dun.