Ch. 70 - Should We?

Start from the beginning

I scoffed teasingly. “How old are you again?”

Jackie shot me a glare and smacked my arm. “As if you don’t want to do that too!”

“True,” I chuckled. “I do wish there was some snow to mess around in.”

“Exactly, so you can’t go on making fun of me,” she snapped her fingers.

I rolled my eyes and laughed. “Okay fine! You win this round.”

Jackie grinned in victory and wrapped her arms around me, cuddling up to my chest. I was a bit taken aback by the sudden hug, but I squeezed her back without hesitation. None of us said anything for a while, and we hugged in a comfortable silence.

“I-I’ve been thinking about something,” she whispered into my shirt.

“Hm?” I hummed, brushing a strand of her hair out of the way.

“You seem like you’re ready,” she said quietly before looking up at me. “I mean… I knew that, but.. I mean… I’m the one holding back.”

I gave her a look of confusion.

“Jackie, what—..” I breathed, “What are you talking about?” She stared at me for a bit longer until I finally got it. “Oh.”

“I kind of.. wanted to.. I mean, I want to do it… with you,” her face blushed red.

“Babe, I don’t think we should just yet,” I gave her a look in concern. “Your memories are fuzzy and.. You might think you’re ready but you’re really not.”

“No, no, no, I know I am,” she said. “Trust me. If it’s for you, I’d do anything.”

“But I can wait, Jackie. I can wait until you’re sure,” I clarified.

“And I’m sure now, is what I’m trying to tell you,” she bit her lip.

I let out a sigh, reluctantly gazing into her beautiful green eyes. She leaned closer towards my face and kissed my lips for a few seconds before pulling away.

“I know I'm ready because I love you,” she said. “Isn’t that how you knew too?”

I gulped. She’s right.

I love her, and that’s all I need to realize how ready I am.

“Y-Yeah but—”

“It’s okay,” she interrupted. “I know you’re concerned but I’m fine, really.”

I scratched the back of my head. “I don’t want you to regret this later on..”