chapter 9: the case

A/n: eh hi, sorry the last chapter was short. I couldn't think of anything else to write. Anywayyyy.... #40, guys you got me to #40 from #245 in a few days. Thank youuuu. I hope you enjoy this short af chapter.

-summer x

A week has passed since the trial and Gavin wont stop harassing me at work. "Marshmallow, how are you?" Gavin asked pulling me out of my thoughts. "Oh, hi Ga- i mean," i stuttered, "cookie." I look down blushing a light pink. I feel a warm hand on my back. I look up to see my ass whole of a boss. "Hello, captain." I say. "Y/N, i have a case for you and Conner, please meet him in the evidence room." He said taking his hand off of me. I walk towards the evidence room and i hear a scream. "What was that." I say looking around. I notice the security room and rush inside. I lock the door behind me and search the footage. I notice a girl walk in and scream at hank. "Oh, dad, what have you done." I mutter. I unlock the door and continue to the evidence room. I walk in, seeing Conner led on the desk. "Hey, Connie." I say. He turns around and smiles. "Hey, freckles." He jumped of the desk and showed me the case. "So, a deviant shot...Chloe Lawrence," i say, "but she has been dead for 5 years." I look down as a tear escapes. Conner lifts my head up. "I know, this has just been discovered and i heard your old house hasn't been sold yet." He said. I closed my eyes remembering my old life.

Flashback:

"Mum, can i go see Gavin?" I asked walking towards the door. i turn back to see her led on the floor. i run over to her. "M-mum, wake up." i mutter shaking her. she finally woke up. "mum you scared me i thought you died." i said. she sat up and hugged me. "i cant die not yet Y/N" she whispered. we hugged for a few minutes before i pulled away.

End of flashback:

Conner pulled me out of my thoughts. " Freckles, you ok?" he said. i turn around and walk out the evidence room. i walk over to Fowler and slapped him. "You bastard, you knew Chloe Lawrence got shot, you knew a deviant shot her, you knew everything." i shouted, hank and Conner came running into the room and i crashed on to the floor. "what the fuck just happened?" hank asked confused. Conner bent down and placed his hand on my back. "she slapped me because she found out Chloe Lawrence was shot by a deviant," Fowler said, "damn her slaps hurt." hank kneels down and looked up at Fowler. "Chloe Lawrence is her mother." he muttered. hank then stood up and slapped him to. "also, don't think about sending anyone but us three to that case." he said.  Fowler nodded and called Gavin into his office. "Gavin you are off the case hank and Conner are taking over for you." Gavin nodded and walked out. Conner picked me up and took me out the room, he placed me on the floor so i was stood up and hugged me, "i'm sorry Y/N, i didn't know, i thought Gavin would be able to help with the case." i didn't even know Gavin was working on this case. I pull away from the hug and kiss Conner. He pulls away as he notices hank and  Fowler looking at us through the glass room. i turn around to see this and i blush lightly. "Come on Conner, lets go somewhere else." i whisper. i pull Conner away and into the evidence room again. i pull him by the collar and kissed him. he wrapped his arms around my waist and i wrapped mine around his neck. 

(time skooop) 

I walk up to the front door of my old home, Conner already waiting outside. i push open the door. everything was the same. i run up the stairs to see my old room. i get to a door that said 'Y/N's room, enter at your own risk'. i pushed open the door to see all of my stuffed animals and toys. i walk up to a small wooden box with a lock. i get out my necklace with a key on it. i put it in the lock and twisted it. the lid popped open revealing some pictures of my family. i noticed hank in one of them. i close the box and put it in my bag along with a few other things and headed into my mum's room. the door was already open, like the day i got taken into care. i walk in and sit on her bed. (yes ik it has been 5 years but the house is still untouched). i spot her guitar, the strings in perfect condition. i pick it up and start to play a song she taught me. After a while i put the guitar in its case and i carry it on my back. i walk around her room trying to find more family photos. i knew she had some in her draws. i pull open the draws to find old clothes and photos of her and hank. i pick up all the photos and put them in my pocket. i take out a few of the dark clothes and put them in my bag. i look around the room one more time before i went to the living room. the living room had been as empty as ever apart from a few of my shoes and some pictures. i walked over to the fire place and pick up the pictures that were framed and placed them in my bag. once i had got everything i wanted i picked up the house keys and left locking the door behind me. i walked over to hanks car and placed all of my stuff in the back before getting in. we drove around for a while until we reached hanks house. the ride had been silent until Conner spoke up. "Excuse me lieutenant, could i ask you something personal?" he asked. "sure thing, tin can." hank replied. i smiled at hanks commentary. "how old way Y/N when you left?" Conner asked. i noticed hank had tensed up. "can we talk about this in the house," he muttered, "away from Y/N." i looked down pretending not to hear what hank had said. "ok lieutenant."