it was easy to convince the younger, just a simple beckoning and he was already ignoring his phone and crawling over to the smaller one laying on his back. "yes, baby boy." jungkook said, leaning over him and reaching up to push back his hair from his forehead.

"what do you plan on doing once this is all over?" it was a question that plagued his mind for a while. there was no reason for him to stick around any longer once he's gotten what he came for. the thought frightened taehyung, thinking about living here in the hotel without seeing the handsome boy casually hanging around the lobby and bar. jungkook wouldn't come back, he was smarter than that. coming back to the usan after this has occurred would be like the ravenette walking himself back to prison and bringing his friends along with him.

the younger never thought about it. he's been so focused on the actual job that nothing after it seemed plausible. jungkook could see the worry in the boys eyes, and all he could think about was a soft kiss to ease that anxiety. "i'm not leaving you behind." he whispered.

it was suppose to be a reassurance, but that same look never left the boys eyes. "maybe you won't have a choice." taehyung said.

jungkook frowned and shifted, laying down beside the brunette and pulling him snug against his chest. "let's not think about those things." he whispered again, pecking a kiss to the top of his head.

it wasn't suppose to go like this, they were suppose to lay together and whisper cute things, a little flirting followed by blushing and then numerous kisses that never got old. there wasn't suppose to be any worry, no more anxiety about the future and what would happen to them. it was scary to realize that nothing was certain, this job may not work out, just like they might not work out.

taehyung didn't forget this. not for the rest of that day, and not when he woke up the next morning. his grip may have been a little tighter around the ravenettes small waist, and when his eyes fluttered opened, just to see the handsome boy still soundly asleep, he was able to stay a little happier for a moment longer.

god it was a little selfish, but taehyung hoped he slept in just a moment longer. they didn't have much time left, jungkook would have to leave, and then taehyung would have to wait and see if he came back for him. oh did it make him sick to his stomach.

"good morning." jungkook mumbled, his voice deep and raspy with sleep. the sound made the smaller boys heart flutter, it was an odd mix of pure happiness and sudden despair for what's to come. taehyung usually lived a life of high quality and fantasy, he liked making light of scenarios and pretending things were better than they were. he couldn't do that here. jungkook was going to leave — and taehyung had to learn to deal with that. they weren't even a couple, he had no say.

"good morning." he mumbled back, hiding his face against the boys shirt.

"how did you sleep?" he asked, hands slipping under the boys shirt to trace his fingertips over the tan skin.

taehyung hummed and still kept his face hidden, not yet ready to leave the bed, "with my eyes closed." a little smile played on his lips at his subtle joke, he was quite proud of those.

"clever." jungkook chuckled and sighed, pushing the bedsheets off them and moving to sit up. the action just made the older boy frown some more, time was slipping away and he could grasp it in his small fists.

if one could see emotions, the contradiction in the room would be immense. a boy conflicted with sadness and loneliness, while the other was moving with excitement and anticipation for what's the come. jungkook felt the buzz in his fingertips, a bounce in his step as he picked up his phone and checked the notifications from his team. "when do you have to leave?" taehyung asked.

"soon." he said, pushing his phone back into his pocket and grabbing his jacket. "i'll text you when yoongi needs you."

the brunette just nodded and stayed in his spot on the bed. he didn't really want to get out. "make sure to eat something." jungkook said, walking around to the side of the bed and leaning down to peck his forehead.

"i will." he smiled, it was a little one, not quite too bright as usual. the younger noticed this, but there was no time to sit and beg the boy to talk to him about what's on his mind.

it was just one of those moments, where time was the enemy and it placed a wedge between the two as they separated finally, the ravenette leaving with a lame smile and equally lame wave before shutting the door. it took a while for the boy to finally leave the bed, only the grumble of his stomach making him wander around to find some snack hidden somewhere. there was no cookie or piece of pastry that would fill the empty feeling in his stomach. only jungkook could do such a a thing, and the worst fear was that emptiness to stay after today.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬