VIII.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❝ assumptions close doors

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
assumptions close doors.
intrigue opens them.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⚌⚌

ITS BEEN A LONG night and taehyung had begun to feel his eyes drift closed as the car pulled up to the valet section in front of the usan hotel. a man opened the door for him and he nodded in thanks as usual, while the driver said goodnight as usual, and taehyung only wished he was already in bed as usual.

what he wasn't expecting was to see him first thing after stepping out of the car. god it was like fucking magnet — one look and taehyung was ready to run over and just immerse his night in the other and listen to anything that left those thin pink lips.

jungkook winked at him and turned slightly away, a few steps, a silent invitation for the brunette to follow and leave behind all the pretty things he was used to, just to follow the mysterious boy without a clue. of course he would.

"you have a goodnight too." taehyung said to both the driver and man that opened the door for him, eyes never leaving the raventte.

the driver had a few questions, asking him where he was going and what his father would think if he wasn't up in time for talk to him in his suite office. if he needed any convincing to follow jungkook, that was definitely it. the more years that passed the more taehyung felt the need to refuse bending to his fathers every wish every time.

his heart sped up with each step, the distance between them closing and taehyung still couldn't come up with something clever and interesting to first say. jungkook seemed to know everything, he's been places and don't things and he just speaks as if he's so much older. taehyung felt amazed listening to him speak the few times he had the chance.

maybe he was just excited to finally talk to someone that wasn't trying to use him to get to his father, climb their way up the social ladder. jungkook wasn't like that it seems.

"hey."

nice taehyung, really that was genuinely the best you could come up with.

"hey." jungkook said. the corner of his lip threatened to pick up into a subtle smile once hearing the other boys deep voice.

"you seem to always make an appearance around me." he tried again. their steps matched down the sidewalk and occasionally their arms would brush. taehyung was starting to feel like he was in middle school again, chasing one of the upper classman boys who were ten times more attractive and smart.

jungkook chuckled at that and glanced sideways at him, "i think you found me this time, sweetheart."

taehyung scoffed lightly to cover up his sudden flustered state at the way jungkook casually tossed in that nickname. "you winked at me, you practically said come here." he tried to defend himself.