XXXII.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❝ run through fire for you like i'll never be burned

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
run through fire for you
like i'll never be burned.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⚌⚌

THE MOON was sitting full in the sky, outshining the stars around it if they weren't already drowned out by the obnoxious city lights. there was a mix of cigarette smoke and the smell of road-side hotdogs in the air. it wasn't the best scent, but it somehow drew the two boys to it.

"this is the type of romantic dinner i'm talking about." taehyung said, taking another bite of hot dog and leaving a little chili on the corner of his mouth.

jungkook just nodded and picked at the fries, his hot dog already gone and the only thing to show for it was a little bit of relish on his pant leg. "i'm glad i can sweep you off your feet."

"you can more than that to me if you want."

these remarks were getting more common. the brunette may be the only person to throw sassy comments his way and follow it with a sweet smile to soften to blow. jungkook would only shake his head and chuckle, trying to figure out when he started blushing at a few words. "it's getting late," he decided to simply say, "we should start heading back."

taehyung just nodded and finished off the rest of his hot dog. luckily, he didn't stain his pants and made an effort to point that out. the ravenette just rolled his eyes and made him get in the car. "i thought i told you to play nice?"

"and i did! kookie i was so shocked that the ring was in the pocket, i honestly thought i would just walk in and leave without finding anything, that was so insane." taehyung continued to speak the entire ride back to the warehouse. it included mainly of more code names for everyone else and eventually grew into possible team names. the younger just continued to drive, humming occasionally to show he was still listening along with some squeezes to the boys thigh.

"you just have to do it one more time." jungkook finally spoke up once he parked near the warehouse, "to switch them actually."

taehyung nodded, he thought it would be fun again anyways. his mind didn't really change either as the days went on. there were only a few more left, less than a week, then everything jungkook has planned for will fall into place. the usan was already filling with guests from various parts of the world, all eager to see the exhibits and representation of their home country in seoul's most renowned hotel and art museum.

everyone in the warehouse was visibly on edge, there was a lot of pacing the next day done by namjoon and stress eating by jimin. the only person that seemed relatively calm was jina who was more excited about picking everyone's outfits again for that night.

"did you get me a bow tie?" jimin asked that friday morning. the girl had just arrived, pushing a clothing rack alongside her and her red lips stretched in a pleasant smile. "of course." she said.

"what do you need a bow tie for?" hoseok asked, "you're only going to be in the hotel room." it was a good point. technically he wasn't even going to be near the lobby at any point so there wasn't any reason to be that dressed up.

"don't exclude people hobi, that's rude and society frowns upon it." jimin said.

it was more towards noon when jin arrived, all them had to leave soon and get ready for tomorrow night. jungkook was probably the most anxious out of all of them. "hey." taehyung tried to get his attention.

there was no use. "did yoongi pack my laptop with his things?" the ravenette was asking questions to no one in particular, hands digging through his duffel and then into his backpack. for someone so professional he tended to suck at hiding his nerves.

"go ask." taehyung said. he knew the boy didn't hear him.

"did i leave my notes with the blueprints that namjoon put in the catering van?" jungkook has now leveled up to the running his hands through his hair to express his frustration. he may have started to tug on the strands if taehyung didn't finally stand up and wrap his arms around the boy from behind.

"i love your voice but you really need to shut up because you're stressing me out kookie." taehyung mumbled, his face was pressed against the boys back and hands against his stomach. he felt jungkook place his palms over his hands and take a deep breath, "sorry baby."

he pushed the younger towards the couch and made him sit down. "take some deep breaths." taehyung said, "you need to calm down, slow your breathing."

"wanna help me?" jungkook asked. he looked up at the brunette, still holding onto his hand and only tugging him onto his lap after seeing his cheeks tint pink. it was a silent invitation, the way taehyung got so flustered just thinking about kissing the boy. the younger certainly took this to his advantage, moving his palms over the boys thighs and gripping them, earning a little whine in return. "help me slow my breathing, tae." he whispered so softly, his voice practically being the kiss and only thing left between their mouths.

that distance didn't last much longer, mouths touching and tongues invading in the most pleasurable way. jungkooks hands worked the smaller boys thighs, massaging the flesh and pulling soft moans from his throat. the kiss became deeper, swollen lips begging for moving and moving effortlessly against the others. taehyung whined and shifted on the boys lap, his hands were tugging at the back of jungkooks head, begging for more and just wanting his hands everywhere.

it was someone clearing their throat that finally made the two break apart — nothing but pink lips and panting breaths. "it's time to go." yoongi said.

"okay." taehyung squeaked, he was hiding his face in the younger boys neck, wanting no one else to see his blushing cheeks and flustered state. he continued to hide, clutching onto jungkook as he gave him a piggy back ride to the car and even stayed seated on his lap during the entire drive.

"don't ever call me clingy." jimin whispered to namjoon from the passengers seat. the taller boy just chuckled and glanced at the couple through the rear view mirror. taehyung was still sitting huddled on his lap and the ravenette was whispering some things to him.

maybe in another world they weren't all on their way to rob one of the greatest events of the world. maybe somewhere they were just a group of friends going on a road trip — a tiny genius with an unhealthy obsession with pastries, a tall boy driving them towards the horizon with a crush on the short boy sitting beside him, the quiet one sitting in the back taking a nap on the other that seemed like the complete opposite of his personality, then there was the girl who most people overlooked her smarts for just beauty when in reality the boy to her left was one of the prettiest confident gays to ever walk the earth, and then there was the love sick couple. they'd be off to enjoy their company, free of stress and living in a world where money and status wasn't a issue. no one had their pasts haunting them or their futures weighting down their confidence with familial expectations.

but that wasn't the case. tomorrow is what mattered, and the world they lived in would be defined by their actions taken in just a days time, for better or worse.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬