a bunch of footsteps were heard running out, and soon, more gunfire was heard. my guess, glenn and maggie has already ambushed them from the catwalks.

when all but the blaring alarms were heard, that was our que to go. slowly, i crept out of the cell i had been hiding in, and soon met up with carol. hand in hand, we both ran outside and joined rick, daryl, michonne, glenn, and maggie at the first gate.

"did we do it?" i ask as i release my hand from carol's, all of us were panting from running.

"we did it." rick answers as he scanned the field, "we drove 'em out."

"we should go after them." michonne suggests.

"we should finish it." daryl agrees.

"we did finish it didn't you see them hightail it outta here?" maggie tells the two.

"they could regroup."

"we can't take the chance, he's not gonna stop."

"they're right, we can't keep living like this." i agree with glenn, and carol nods in agreement.

"so we take the fight to woodbury? we barely made it back last time."

"i don't care."

"yeah." rick mumbles under his breath as we all started moving back to our cellblock, "let's check on the others." in agreement, we all walked back towards the little cafeteria area, where the others were gonna meet us. when we got in there, they were just coming in. when i saw lola approaching one of the tables, i went straight to her.

i bring her into a hug, relived to know she was okay. "you alright?" i ask her as i stroke her hair. she removes her face from my upper ribs and looks up at me, nodding, "yeah, i'm okay."

i nod back, continuing to help her bring back our stuff in our cellblock.

rick

rick. he made the right choice, made the right move. the humane move. he did right, and honestly, i'm proud of him.

as the others exited the prison bus and made their way into the other cellblock, i saw rick. he was staring at the top of the catwalk, his hand resting on his gun with his weight shifted on his right leg.

i come up beside him, "is it okay if i say i'm proud of you?" i tell him gently. after a few seconds of silence, he looks to me, and shrugs.

"did i make the right choice?" he asks, gesturing to the others getting off the bus, "—i mean, was it right? because, it's been just us, and the group for so long, and now. we have others joining us, we're making a civilization, a community. and it's gonna be harder."

i place a hand on his shoulder, "rick, you made the right choice. if you didn't bring them back here, the governor, probably would've gone back to woodbury and killed them all, who knows?" i pause, "you did right, rick. you developed on so much, which is why i'm proud of you."

after a few seconds of silence he nods, "okay." his eyes shift to my bare right hand, "i noticed you ain't wearing your ring anymore, what happened with that?"

i lightly chuckle, "i gave it to lola. i told her i needed to move on, to let a piece of him go even though he'll still be in my heart, y'know? which is why i gave her my ring, so she'd have a piece of her dad left. and she understood."

rick nods in understanding, "that-that's good, nikki. i'm glad. you deserve happiness, you know that right?" he shakes his head, "we both lost a lot, especially you. yet to help this group, you stayed strong, i'm proud of ya' too."

after rick stopped talking i accidentally made intense eye contact with him, and i couldn't stop it. the feeling, came back to my stomach.
oh my god. rick. i have feelings for him, don't i?

-
end of season three! thank you<3

-end of season three! thank you<3