Scott; Easily

You were spitting out words without even thinking. Hurtful words. Angry words. Words you never thought you'd say to Scott. Deep down, you felt terrible, but your mind was so consumed by anger that you didn't care. You didn't stop yourself.

Scott sat on the sofa, completely silent. Not a word had left his mouth ever since you started screaming at him. He just sat there, taking it all in.

You were pacing up and down in front of him, trying to avoid stepping on the broken glass that covered the floor. Tears were threatening to fall, but you didn't want to allow them just yet.

Your rambling came to an end, and Scott still sat there, silently. He didn't even look up at you. His face showed a hint of sadness, but it was still as if he had nothing to say to you.

"So what now?" You stopped right in front of him. "You're not gonna say anything? Not a word?" You crossed your arms over your chest. When he didn't say anything, you raised your voice slightly, "Scott?"

Scott released a deep breath and then stood to his feet. Your faces were just inches apart now. You could feel each other's pain. Scott's eyes were glazed with tears, and right now, you could feel the tears falling from your eyes.

"I don't think there's anything I can say that would make you feel any better Y/N. I know you don't actually want me to say anything right now." He spoke calmly; his tone strongly contrasting with yours a few moments ago. He was right. If he said anything, it would only fuel the fire even more. It would make you more upset than you already were.

"So go ahead... Scream at me. Lose your temper. Lose your mind. Scream at me again. Break a few more glasses. I don't know." He looked around the room as he spoke. Now you were the one not saying anything.

"But if you're trying to get rid of me, it's not gonna work. You're not getting rid of me that easily. Do whatever you want to release your anger, but I'm not going anywhere. I'll be here once you've calmed down. We're going to work this out. We are." He cupped your face gently, and planted a soft kiss on your forehead.

"I love you, I'm sorry." You felt so bad for screaming all of those nasty things at him. He really didn't deserve it.

He gave a sweet, reassuring smile, "I love you too. Let's get some rest and talk about it in the morning, okay?"

***

vote and comment if you want to!